Mrs. Redfern's Classroom News
A Peek of the Week
Weekly Skills: Students will be making predictions about the text to be better readers. They will be working on rhyming words to continue to build phonemic awareness skills. Retelling the story and building vocabulary with in the text will be a focus as well.
Popcorn Words: Quarter 2 SW List
Math: Students continue to work on shapes and positional words as well as measurement and comparing numbers.
Help at Home
- Remind your child to return their reading folder. I will begin sending home more interesting books with my responsible readers.
- Identify UC and LC letters and sounds of the alphabet.
- Writing the sounds they hear when they stretch words.
- Talk about different 2-D and 3-D shapes in our environment (square, circle, triangle, rectangle, hexagon, sphere, cylinder, cubed and cone).
- Letter and number formation.
- Develop strong fine motor skills.
- Practice Quarter 2 SW List.
December Snack Schedule
Wednesday - Art
Thursday - Music
Friday - PE
12.15 - Family Spaghetti Dinner Night @ 5:30pm
12.22 - Holiday Parties/End of 2Q
12.23-1.4 - Winter Break