Captains of Industry
From "Poor" to "Pecunious"
- Born in Dunfermline, Scotland, November 25, 1835.
- Carnegie was born into a poor family.
- His father taught him the importance of social and economic equality.
- His mother taught him virtues if thiftiness.
- His family eventually settled in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania when he was thirteen.
- In 1853, Carnegie want to work for the railroads.
- When he was young he worked as a bobbin boy then rose up the ranks.
Tactic's to Achieve Success
Tactic #1: He was an industrialist and a capitalist.
Tactic #2: Bought out his competitors.
Tactic #3: Liked to run his business strictly through mail and telegraph.
"Do your duty and a little more and the future will take care of itself" - Andrew Carnegie