Greater Heights Academy - 10/17/21
News From the Nest
Hello Greater Heights Academy Family!
We look forward to seeing all our Scholars back at school this week as we continue our inspirational learning and formation.
It is wonderful to see our Scholars in their uniforms and taking their studies seriously as they focus on learning and striving for excellence. We will be highlighting a different class in the coming weeks with Scholar submissions and writings.
Here are some highlights of this week and upcoming brilliant events...
- Family Engagement Committee - If you would like to help plan this amazing event (TRUNK OR TREAT/HARVEST FEST) please join us for a planning meeting and be part of the Family Engagement Committee, this Thursday October 21, 2021 @ 4:00. Please come to the main office.
- Trunk or Treat / Harvest Fest - We have an amazing Family Celebration Night (Trunk or Treat / Harvest Fest) planned for Thursday October 28, 2021 from 5:30 -7:00. Followed by the Scholar of the Month from 7:00 - 7:30.
- Free Afterschool Program - We are partnering with the Sylvester Broome Empowerment Village and their nationally recognized after-school program. Please pick up an enrollment packet in the front office if you are interested. Space is limited.
- Before School Opportunity - If you need assistance in the morning with child care we are here to help. Our doors open at 7:00 - 740 for families in need this free service. No appointment necessary, just bring your scholar to the front door.
- LampLighters - An opportunity for young men ages 9 - 17 (Information below)
Thank you for being the world to our scholars, we look forward to working with every one of you throughout your scholars' educational journey here at GHA.
In partnership with you,
Richard K. Thompson (Mr. T), Principal & The Dedicated Team of Greater Heights Academy
Family Engagement Committee
Please consider sharing your Time, Treasure and Talent with the GHA Family, our Scholars deserve the best and all of us working together.
Please join me this Thursday October 21, 2021 @ 4:00 as we brainstorm and work out the details for our HARVEST FEST / TRUNK or TREAT.
Please meet in the front foyer and we will go from there.
Thank you for your consideration
TRUNK or TREAT / HARVEST FEST
Thursday, October 28, 2021 * 5:30 - 7:00
- Pumpkin decorating
- Trunk or Treat
- Hay Rides
Dress in your costume and have a fantastic time !!!
Free After-School Program
Enrollment packets can be picked up in the main office.
Starting date will be in November.
Limited slots are available.
Their website is below for further research.
Scholar of the Month
Dear Greater Heights Academy Family,
We will be honoring our SCHOLAR OF THE MONTH on Thursday October 28, 2021 @ 7:00 - 7:30.
These amazing SCHOLARS have been nominated by a GHA staff member for exemplifying one of the CORE values of the Phalen Leadership Academies & Greater Heights Academy.
These values are...
Children First - Respect - Determination - Continuous Improvement - Gratitude
Strength - Determination - Knowledge - Integrity - Kindness - Character
Safety Matters - On Task - Act Responsibly - Respect
Lamp Lighters Program - ATTENTION YOUNG MEN ages 9 - 17 - Opportunity
NEW OPTION FOR YOUR FAMILY!
Dear Families - This is an FREE option for you to drop off your Scholar before school.
If you need child care to help ease your morning challenges that may arise through out the year, this option is for you.
No need to call ahead, just drop off your Scholar between 7:00 - 7:40 A.M.
GHA excellence and expectations of S.O.A.R.
S = SAFETY MATTERS
O = ON TASK
A = ACT RESPONSIBLY
R = RESPECT
Please help us with the MASK mandate by the GCHD.
Have Questions? Contact Us!
Greater Heights Academy is a tuition-free charter school proudly serving K-6 families in Flint. We represent a partnership of scholars, faculty, staff and administration. We are united in our mission to achieve academic success for all scholars through positive family, school and community relationships. Scholars are our first priority. We believe that traditional fundamentals of education must be enhanced to form a solid foundation for our scholars’ futures.