Standard Middle Warriors
Family Newsletter - September 2020
The Warrior Way
This year has had quite the different beginning! We appreciate all you are doing to make Distance Learning successful for your student.
We greatly appreciation your patience as well navigate all that a encompasses the start of the school year. Our goal is to partner with our families to create a positive school climate for all. We encourage you to stay informed and get involved.
As we have begun the Distance Learning journey, we appreciate your patience as we work through technical difficulties. Need a HotSpot for wifi service? Contact the district office at (661) 392-2110 for more information.
After these first two weeks, we would like your opinion on areas going well and also on areas with room for improvement. Please go to the Standard School District website to respond to a survey to provide feedback on your children’s experience with Distance Learning.
Key Items for Distance-Learning:
- Using your own device? Here's step-by-step directions on how to add your student's school account.
- Students MUST start their learning time through CLASSLINK. This gives them access to all of their programs.
- Have access to your student's schedule and classroom information through our Parent Portal on Infinite Campus.
- Students will receive information through their school email accounts as well.
- If you need a device or your student's device is not working properly, come to the SMS Administration building.
- Make sure your student attends school ONLINE everyday on-time. Office hours for teachers will be listed on the schedule.
- Make sure your contact information is current. Call the school to update phone numbers and addresses. You may update your email through Parent Portal.
- Stay connected by keeping up-to-date through our social media and school webpage. Join our parent groups-volunteers are always appreciated.
We need Parent Volunteers! PTSA is looking for parents dedicated to making this an amazing year for students. Use this FORM to sign up to help and someone from PTSA will contact you. YOU can help make a difference in the lives of our students!
We greatly appreciate the home-school relationship in working together for your student's success. Standard Middle is looking forward to a year of greatness with students!
Beginning 9/1 - students may go online and reserve a book of their choice. Our librarians will check out the book and have it waiting in the school office within 2-days.
- Students go online to ALEXANDRIA to search for and reserve their book.
- Students may also complete this FORM to request a title.
We also have a number of exciting activities for students who love to read COMING SOON!
- Battle of the Books - SMS version
- Book Clubs
- Guest Readers
- Creating Journal Workshops
Students who select Young Adult titles will require a parent signature for approval. We will provide the form if those titles are checked out to your student.
The librarians will have VIRTUAL hours everyday weekday from 1:30-2:30 pm. Students access from their google classroom and a LINK will be emailed to every student.
Infinite Campus Parent Portal Access is a website that allows parents to access information about the student. For your login credentials - please contact the district office (661) 392-2110.
Social Media Connections
Standard Middle PTSA
SMS Warrior Band & Choir
@StandardMiddle - OFFICIAL Standard Middle School Facebook Page
1. Send a text message to this number: 40404
2. Type "follow @StandardWarrior" in the message
3. Make sure there is a space between "follow" and the "@" sign