MJH PARENT NEWSLETTER
- 7:8th grade football game- home 4:30/5:30
- 7:New Student Bear Bash in cafeteria - 3rd period
- 7:Student Council Meeting 6:45 Room W115
- 8:Progress Reports. Please check Skyward under parent resources for student grades.
- 8:Volleyball game home 4:30/5:30
- 9:Volleyball Jr. High Night at MHS
- 12:7th Football game home 4:30/5:30
- 12:Book fair begins - all week
- 13:PTO Meeting 8:45
- 14:Delayed start to school - students arrive at 9:20 a.m.
- 15:Choir party at Main Event, money due by Sept 2
- 19:Mentor lunches begin
- 19:DC/Williamsburg parent meeting 5:30 in band hall
- 20:8th Football game home 4:30/5:30
- 21:Fall pictures today
- 22:Volleyball home game 4:30-5:30
- 23:MHS Homecoming
- 26:2nd 6 weeks begins
- 27:8th Football game home 4:30/5:30
- 29:Volleyball home game 4:30/5:30
- 30:Report Cards. Please check Skyward under parent resources for student grades.
A Message from the MJH Administration
Tardies: In addition, please talk with your student about the importance of being on time to class. Students who are late will receive the following consequences:
1-2 tardies= free
3 tardies= warning4 tardies= lunch detention
5 tardies= 2 lunch detention
6 tardies= after school detention
7 tardies= Saturday detention
8 tardies= in school suspension
Our teachers look forward to providing challenging, hands-on learning experiences that engage our students' minds and hearts! We miss your student when they are not here, and your student misses outstanding learning opportunities and valuable teacher/peer interactions as well.
As always, we thank you for entrusting your children to us, and we look forward to a productive and exciting September.
A Message from our Counselors
September is National Suicide Prevention Month.
Suicide prevention organizations aim to decrease suicides by 20% over the next seven years, and we can all work to help destigmatize this mental illness and promote constructive conversations about this topic.
5 TIPS to HELP SOMEONE in CRISIS:
- Ask Direct Questions
- Listen to their answers and show you Care
- Do a Safety Check by removing or reporting harmful objects
- DON'T KEEP It a SECRET but let them know you will Share with a Professional
- Ensure they Seek HELP from a doctor, counselor, psychologist, or social worker
Please don't hesitate to reach out to us using our contact information below:
Barbara Gagliano: 7th Grade Counselor
Lesa Dunbar: 8th Grade Counselor
Tressie Stewart 6th Grade Counselor
A Message from our Librarian
- Lunchtime book clubs have begun. Students need to sign up by the library. We will have our first meeting on Sept. 30.
- The Harry Potter Club will begin soon. Please have your students listen for announcements to join.
- Our first book fair will be Sept. 12-16. If you would like to be a "book fairy" and donate books to a teacher's classroom or deserving students, please contact Ms. Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org.
MJH/OHJH Librarian/MISD Lead Librarian
MJH Librarian Assistant
Follow the MISD libraries on Twitter: @MISD_Libraries
FALL PICTURES: SEPTEMBER 21
Fall Sports Information
JR HIGH ATHLETICS:
- Football: For questions, please contact email@example.com
- Cross Country: For questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Volleyball: For questions, please contact email@example.com
Girls Athletics website: http://schools.misd.org/page/laurenhightower-mjhgirlsathletics
Boys Athletics website: http://schools.misd.org/page/GregFaigle-MJH%20Boys%20Athletics
Promoting Character at MJH!
Students spend much of their young lives in classrooms, and we understand that learning the core subjects are incredibly important academically. However, if we are not educating the next generation to be decent human beings to one another, then what’s the point of it all? This year, we are encouraging our students to be young men and young ladies of character. We want them to form their own moral compass, based on core values and timeless principles we will be promoting through out the year. Our hope is that our students will become responsible citizens that are committed and competent in making good decisions. Principles such as respect, responsibility, caring, trustworthiness, and citizenship will be presented throughout the year from our character word of the week morning announcements. Our administrators will have positive student discussions with groups weekly, and our counselors’ will share character lessons with classes. We know that students need educators in their lives to set high standards and expectations for good behavior, and we strive to make a positive difference in our school’s culture of kindness and respect by reinforcing exemplary character at MJH at all times.
Stay tuned each month for more on how we are promoting young men and young ladies of Character.
DEER HEARTS FOR SCIENCE DISSECTION
Parent: Our science department is in need of deer hearts for their annual science dissection. If you can help out, please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Washington D.C./Williamsburg Trip for 8th graders!
Meeting Details: September 19, 5:30, MJH Band Hall
Plan on attending an informational meeting to learn about the all-inclusive trip to DC/Williamsburg in June 2023. The trip is customized to include places that your student learns about during their 8th grade year in U.S. History. The earlier you decide to enroll, the lower your monthly payments will be.
For specific questions, email email@example.com
MJH STUDENT COUNCIL
All Bears are welcome to join StuCo. Meetings will be the first Wednesday of the month.
If you have questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Yearbooks are on sale at balfour.com. Here is the link to purchase one.https://www.balfour.com/texas/montgomery/montgomery-junior-high-school
Join Our MJH PTO
- Family membership is $10.00. Our PTO eNews will keep you informed with the most current information that MJH has to offer regarding upcoming events, student opportunities, club news, deadlines, volunteer opportunities, and accomplishments at Montgomery Junior High School. Be sure to check out our PTO Facebook page as well https://www.mjhpto.com
- 1st PTO meeting is Sept 13 @ 8:45 am in the cafeteria. We will also begin selling spirit wear on campus every Friday beginning 9/3 and will also sell at home football games.
- Spirit night on Oct. 5 at Chic fil a from 6-8pm.
- PTO Homecoming mum/garter fundraiser- MJH is partnering with the MHS Floral department to design mums/garters for homecoming. Price $25.00 and Delivered Sept 21. These are the only mums approved to wear on campus.
SPIRIT WEAR ON SALE EVERY FRIDAY AT LUNCHES
Meal Viewer & Cafeteria Charges
The Child Nutrition Department has moved to a new website to display menus for students and parents. The website it MealViewer, here is the link - https://schools.mealviewer.com/district/Montgomery%20ISD,%20TX
Parents can set accounts for students to alert them when their favorite meals are being served in the cafeteria, what foods contain their students’ allergens, and so much more!!
MISD has an easy online way for you to keep your child’s account. Go to the MISD webpage and click on the left tab “Child Nutrition Info”. Then click “MySchoolBucks.com.”
Parents will be encouraged to make prepayments on students’ accounts using my school bucks, cash or checks to avoid cash transactions during meal service.
A friendly reminder, we do not have an open lunch policy so please do not order food for your child from outside vendors to be delivered to the school during the school day (i.e. Uber Eats, Grub Hub, Door Dash, or any kind of delivery service). This is a safety concern that disrupts the educational process within our community and random people delivering food is not part of our safety plan. In addition, please do not not bring or share lunches with other students due to safety, medical concerns, allergies, etc. We do have a parent lunch table now for parents to eat lunch with their student and a friend.
Parent Drop Off Table: If your child forgets their lunch, we have a parent drop off table in the front foyer for you to drop off lunches. Please let your child know you have brought their lunch to school.
We ask that you make every effort to request transportation changes prior to 1:30 p.m. in order for us to be certain that your student leaves in the correct manner. You may make changes by:
- Sending a note with your child;
MJH CAR RIDER LINE/BUS POLICY
Due to the continued growth of MISD, we will no longer allow extra riders to ride the bus routes. Only registered riders will be allowed on the bus routes. We highly encourage students to car-pool to school due to the high volume of traffic and limited parking during the morning hours.
MJH Parent/Student Handbook
The Parent-Student Handbook will be available on the MJH website. We encourage you to become familiar with the information contained in the handbook. Forms such as Release of Picture/Directory Information, Medication for the Nurse, Change of Address/Phone Number, and Technology Agreement are found at the back of the Handbook.
Montgomery Junior High School
Home of the Bears: #TogetherWeWill
To see all the great things happening at MJH
Follow us on Twitter @mjhsbears and Instagram (mjhsbears)
Follow our PTO on Facebook @ PTO Montgomery Junior High