Happy New Year
The Once Over
Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts: And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting. Psalm 139:23-24
I find it extremely comforting and reassuring to have my wife take a good look at me before I head out the front door to start the day. When we go out to eat I will sometimes look over at her and just make sure I have nothing in my mustache and goatee. I know that if she sees something I have missed in my appearance she will gently let me know. If she sees dirt on my face, a stain on my shirt, a belt loop missed, or a color combination that is not working, she will simply, clearly, and lovingly let me know about it. Her caring sense of observation has saved me much embarrassment through the years.
It’s also equally comforting and reassuring to let the Holy Spirit give us “the once over” before we head out the door to start the day. How wise we would be to daily let Him inspect us to be sure everything is in order–to be sure there is not resentment or bitterness hardening our hearts, to be sure there is no anxiety or worry weighing on our thoughts, and to be sure there is no unbelief or doubts clouding our spirits. How blessed our day would be if we could leave the house each morning knowing it is well with our souls.
As I reflect back on 2015, I realize that we are drawing near to the close of this year which for many represents the close or end of a particular season in our life and 2016 represents the beginning of a new season in the plans and destiny of God. I would encourage all to allow God to Inspect us as we enter this new season.
- Please pray about partnering with us financially so that we can continue building relationships with the unreached people groups of Southeast Asia.
- Our plans to visit Nagaland and Nepal in late November and December to speak to local missionaries and leaders as well as visit some orphanages in a very poor area- have now been changed to the late summer of 2016. Please pray that I would have the guidance and direction needed.
- We would like to see more of the locals rise up and begin to lead areas of ministry in the local churches, outreach centers, life groups and English corners.
- We are beginning to really see an outpouring of grace and a hunger in the lives of the students here and are in need of more laborers.
- Our lease on the apartment we were in ended on January 10th, please pray that we have the direction we need to know where to go and that we have the finances needed for moving in that direction.
- Please, please feel free to leave some comments or even send an e-mail- it is so nice to hear from people back home and to know that we are not forgotten, especially during those times of Hiddenness.