What's New in Room 182
Mrs. Peters' 3rd Grade * February 12, 2016
A time to celebrate!
What a wonderful week it's been of working and learning together. The teamwork, optimism, and focus shown by your 3rd graders has just been incredible!!
Thank you to a dedicated team of parents for helping our Friendship Celebration go so smoothly today. What a perfect end to the week! As you can see above and below, we all really enjoyed the treats and time spent with each other.
Time is running out... Sign up to be a Mystery Reader TODAY!
Slots are filling up fast, though we still have plenty of room for those of you a little more shy to sign up! Guessing Friday's Mystery Reader and listening to new voices and stories is SUCH an exciting part of our week (Just ask your 3rd grader!). Please consider signing up to spend just a small part of your Friday with us!! You can find more information and a sign-up page here. Hope to see you soon!!
- For now, I request that they split their time between their weekly prefix on Spelling City (app or website) and multiplication fact fluency on either MobyMax or IXL on Tuesday nights.
- Please let me know if you need a new copy of your student's log-ins for the apps/sites we require.
- You will need to connect to home or a public wi-fi server. (EPS' i-Learn server will not reach your home!)
- You are welcome to charge the iPad up at night, if you have the appropriate charger at home. iPads will come home with plenty of power for the night's activities, however.
Focus on the Curriculum
- Weekly Prefix: mis- (bad or badly, wrong)
Please make sure your student is completing their Sort & Glue Matching Activity in their Learning Log on Monday night, so that they have plenty of time to learn their new words.
Also, they must complete five Spelling City activities at home (via web or free app) during the week to practice.
These students are amazing at predicting already, so this week we're going to dig a little deeper with the text evidence we use to make them. This page will help review how inferences come into play when we make predictions.
- Chapter 11: Geometry
We sailed through our fraction unit, and now it's time for geometry! This week, we will focus on points, lines (intersecting, parallel, & perpendicular), and basic shapes. Be on the lookout for lines and shapes of all kinds in the world around you! I will also send via e-mail the "Chapter 11 Home Connection" with ideas for home extensions.
There will NOT be a Weekly Review this week. However, students WILL bring home a new packet of graded work on Tuesday to correct and get signed. Please encourage your student to think through their mistakes and ask for help, if they need it!
MARK YOUR CALENDARS
Parent Conferences continue!
There are still slots available, if you have not signed up:
Monday, February 15: 8-4 pm
Thursday, February 18: 4-8 pm
Please call or e-mail ASAP, if you need to change or schedule a time.