Streptococcus Mutans by shelby c.
Causes the tooth to decay.
- The Streptococcus mutans can mostly be found in the human oral cavity which is in the mouth on the teeth.
- The symptoms to this are a toothache which is the most common symptom.An infection or irritation of the tooth pulp usually causes the pain.
- Most affective weapon of this would be brushing and taking care of your teeth.
- Nobody can die from Streptococcus mutans. (It's only a dental cavity)
- The Streptococcus mutans is ubiquitous which means it's in the mouth of humans.Dentists do a great job of keeping it in check,but if they don't brush their teeth the bacteria builds up and starts causing cavities by eating away the enamel on your teeth. They can spread their own individual version of it when,or kissing/sharing drinks/etc, but it doesn't really do any more damage than the one that has always been hanging out there.
- Type of microbe:Bacteria
- Diseases caused by it:Oral disease
- Scientific name:Streptococcus mutans
Dental Health PSA (short)