The Weightman M.E.O.W.
Monthly Events Of Wildcats: November 2021
We are so proud to announce that Mrs. Stocks is the TEWMS Teacher of the Year!
Way to go Wildcats!
Let us know how a Wildcat has made a difference for you! Give them a shout out here: http://tewms.pasco.k12.fl.us/mform/view.php?id=25334
TEWMS is proud to present Ms. Joyner as the SRP of the Year!
Way to go Wildcats!
Hello Wildcat families!
We have many things to celebrate!
- The Day of Awesomeness was just that! About 150+ students came out to celebrate their hard work and their families support of TEWMS. (see pictures below)
- Students truly enjoyed the Halloween Dance last week! It was wonderful to see more than 400 students come and have fun on campus.
- Our PBIS store is such a huge success, thanks to Mrs. Ware, that its been moved to our Kat Shack and with access for students during study hall. (more details below)
- Students are doing a great job following our electronics device policy of keeping their devices off and away.
- This week is the fall One-Act performance by our Theatre II class called “A Brief Interview with Internet Cats” and will be Wednesday, November 3rd in the Wesley Chapel High School Performing Arts Center. It is one night only, it will start at 7pm and will be $5 to attend.
- In addition, our thespian troupe is competing in District Junior Thespian Competition this Saturday, Nov, 6th at Gibbs High School in St. Pete. Please support us and wish our thespians good luck (break a leg is also acceptable).
Our Wildcats are getting into the grove of school again, as 1st quarter report cards can be accessed in myStudent. We will have our 2nd quarter data chats with students the week of November 8th. This is a time that each students will get to review their 1st quarter grades and make goals for themselves with actionable strategies supported by a staff member.
As shared by Pasco County Schools, there is a chance that the start time for TEWMS will move. As of now, our 1st period class begins at 8:30am, with the proposed change, out start time for 1st period will move to 8:10am. Additional information will be shared after the November 2nd School Board meeting.
Yearbooks are on sale now!
The 2021-2022 TEWMS yearbook is only $42.00. It can be purchased through your Student Quick Pay account (https://www.studentquickpay.com/pasco/). Buy online from now until January 31st, 2022. No extra yearbooks are available for purchase at the end of the school year. All yearbook must be pre-ordered.
For yearbook and school picture questions please contact Adam Zondor at firstname.lastname@example.org
TEWMS now has school wide remind. Please see the codes below to join to get updates from TEWMS. Directions for each remind is posted below.
- School Wide Info: TEWMSPrincipal registration code @TEWMSPrin
- 6th grade = TEWMSco2028 registration code @TEWMS2028
- 7th grade = TEWMSco2027 registration code @TEWMS2027
- 8th grade = TEWMSco2026 registration code @TEWMS2026
*we can attach the directions for each group to sign up.
Celebrating TEWMS' Wildcats from 1st Quarter
Mikaela K., Nicholas F., Kelsie V.,
Seth V., Javielise Sepulveda A.,
Chukwudi I., Milla A., Austin W.,
Alex F., Lilliana G., Alan T., Jada J.,
Sage B., Ethan H., Bren S.,
Jerang M., Madison S., Brianna A.,
Abdalrahman H., Laila S.,
Tyler D., Daniel C., Katie F.,
Quarter 2 Student Celebrations @ TEWMS
We will be taking time to celebrate our Wildcat student with our 2nd Quarter celebration that will be on December 16th at 9:30am. Each team will be able to nominate students who consistently demonstrate the characteristics of the Wildcat R.O.A.R.! Families will be invited to attend the celebration on campus.
TEWMS Staff Shout out....
- Best coach ever! He's so inspiring to the students and always has something fun for them to do. He's great at making connections with all students. I am lucky to be able to have Coach Mine as a mentor.
- Coach Mine is awesome…he makes connections with students (And teachers/adults as well)
- He is amazing!
- I second that… Coach Mine is awesome!
- Coach Mine is awesome!!!! 😎
Opportunity Hall @ TEWMS
Opportunity Hall, which is an afterschool tutoring program will meet on Thursdays from 3:00 to 4:30pm. New to Opportunity Hall this year will be support in organization and study skills. During Opportunity Hall TEWMS will have teacher volunteers and some student peer tutors to provide as much individualized assistance as possible. Opportunity Hall is open to ALL Wildcat students. The program does require students to be picked up by 4:30 PM. If you have any questions, please contact Heather Eads at email@example.com
TEWMS' Opportunity Hall will run from September 8th to April 1st on Thursdays.
Sharing a Poem written in Mrs. Evans class, written by Ryan D.
Support our Wildcat Band!
Our annual Band Krispy Kreme Fundraiser will take place from Nov. 17th to Dec. 1st and Donut pick-up day will be Thursday Dec. 9th. The cost is $10.00 for a box of donuts or a donut certificate which can be redeemed for box of dozen glazed donuts at any Krispy Kreme store in the US. If you would like to purchase a box of glazed original donuts or donut certificates you can buy them from any Band or Guitar student.
TEWMS Annual Food Drive
Weightman Wildcat Cheerleaders are also Academic leaders!
While all of the Wildcat cheerleaders did well with their grades these specific girls had a 3.0 GPA or higher! The three cheerleaders down front: Valeria, Haleigh and Jadyn, all had straight A's giving them a 4.0 GPA! We announced them at cheer practice and had a little free time for all their hard work! I am very proud of them and their accomplishments!
-Coach Cochran ❤️
Bully Awareness Week is November 15th – 19th
Below are the dress up days we have planned for students to participate in during Bully Awareness Week
- Monday, 11/15– Tutu smart to be tied up with bullying – wear a tutu or tie
- Tuesday., 11/16 – Team up against bullying – wear your favorite sports team
- Wednesday, 11/17 – Color the world with kindness – mix match day
- Thursday, 11/18 – Kick bullying to the curb – crazy socks and crocs day
- Friday, 11/19 – Being a friend is no sweat – wear sweatpants with a flannel shirt
We will have videos played daily during study hall as well.
Pasco County's School Choice Expos
Join us for the Virtual Pasco Pathways Expo 2021 to learn about school choice and the innovative programs available for students in Pasco County. See presentations from top schools and programs like Cambridge, International Baccalaureate, K-TECH, Kirkland Ranch Academy of Innovation, and more. More details can be found here: https://www.pasco.k12.fl.us/expo
Kirkland Ranch Academy of Innovation, Opening August 2022
Students have their choice of 10 in-demand career and technical programs:
• Applied Cybersecurity & Computer Science Principles
• Automotive (Diesel)
• Automotive Maintenance and Light Repair
• Biomedical Sciences
• Building Trades and Construction Technology
• Digital Media/Multimedia Design
• Engineering & Applied Robotics
• Patient Care Technician
• Welding Technology Fundamentals
Learn more at https://krai.pasco.k12.fl.us/
Early Release Day(s)
This is the third year Pasco County Schools is utilizing a monthly, two-hour-early release time to allow for staff to engage in professional development aligned with student needs and district and school priorities. Why?
- For students - increase in effective instruction and decrease in learning disruption on substitute days.
- For staff - increased opportunity to learn and grow built in to the work schedule.
- For stakeholders - predictable schedule, fewer substitutes, higher quality, and more engaged staff.
Early release days will take place on the following dates
- November 10, 2021
- December 8, 2021
- January 12, 2022
- February 2, 2022
- March 9, 2022
- April 13, 2022
On each of the early release days, students will be released two hours early. The bell times, including the early release times for each school, can be found here.
Let us know how a Wildcat has made a difference for you! Give them a shout out here.
Nov 2: Priority Study Hall: Science
Nov 3: Jazz Band Clink in Band Rm @5-7:30
Nov 3: Girls BBall vs. JLMS, 6pm
Nov 3: Thespian Show @ WCHSPAC, 7pm, $5
Nov 4: OM Team Practice in Rm 202/204, 3-5:30pm
Nov 5: Band Night @ WCHS Stadium, 6-9:30pm
Nov 6: Thespian Competition @ Gibbs HS
Nov 8-12: Data Chats during Study Hall
Nov 8: Girls BBall @ CCMS, 6pm
Nov 10: Early Release Day
Nov 10: Girls BBall vs. PVMS, 6pm
Nov 10: Boys Soccer vs PMS, 6pm
Nov 11: OM Team Practice in Rm 202/204, 3-5:30pm
Nov 11: Boys Soccers @ JLMS, 6pm
Nov 15: FFA MTG @ 3-3:35pm in Rm 725
Nov 15: Girls BBall @ CSRMS, 6pm
Nov 16: Priority Study Hall: Social Studies
Nov 17: Girls BBall @ RBSMS, 6pm
Nov 17: Boys Soccer @ CSRMS, 6pm
Nov 18: OM Team Practice in Rm 202/204, 3-5:30pm
Nov 22- 26: Thanksgiving Break, No School
Nov 29: Science NWEA Winter Assessment starts
Nov 30: FFA MTG @ 3-3:35pm in Rm 725
Dec 1: Girls BBall vs PMS, 6pm
Dec 2: OM Team Practice in Rm 202/204, 3-5:30pm
Dec 2: Math NWEA Winter Assessment starts
Dec 2: Boys Soccer @ CENMS, 6pm
FortifyFL is a suspicious activity reporting tool that allows you to instantly relay information to appropriate law enforcement agencies and school officials.