Las Positas Updates
12/3/21 Volume 1 (17)
Happy Friday, Las Positas Lions~
Happy December, the cheeriest month of the year!
December brings a lot of excitement and energy due to the holidays, but also a lot of burn out. Please help your kids go strong even to the last day before winter vacation.
December's IB Learner Profile is to be Balanced. The IB Learner Profile Balance aims to develop learners who are balanced. Our goal is to allow students to discover and understand the importance of balancing different aspects of their lives. Focusing on the intellectual, physical and emotional in order to achieve well being for themselves and others. We would like for our students to recognize their interdependence with other people and with the world in which they live.
IB students are active participants in a wide range of aspects of campus life, as well as focusing on their academic development.
How can families help develop students who are Balanced at home?
- Create a daily schedule that includes time for school work, outside physical activity, arts and music, rest, balanced meals.
- Allow time for a variety of activities daily with your children (school activities, indoor play, outside play, active play and quiet activities)
- Model doing a little bit of everything in front of your child: play, learn, exercise, rest, eat healthy foods
- Praise your child for demonstrating a balance lifestyle
- Visit many different places to learn: libraries, museums, nature trails and nature preserves, parks, Historical Parks
- Explore different hobbies: yoga, jogging, knitting, cards, marbles, collecting stickers
Please, be a role model and exhibit safe behavior
- Do not send food to the classrooms. If you want to help celebrate the coming holidays, you can send little trinkets like stickers or pencils, but do not send in edibles.
- Don't speed in the parking lot
- Use the crossing and not jay walk
- Don't make illegal u-turns
- Have students use the door closest to the curb to enter and exit the car
- If your child is a walker and is meeting you at the top, remind them to wait safely
- Don't be on your phone while driving
Did you miss the Coffee w/the Principal?
Life-long Learners Grown at Las Positas
Click on Flyer for Full Detail on Community Resources
- 11/15 to 12/3- PTA See's Candies Fundraiser (flyer)
- 12/8- National Family Code Night - Wed, December 8th @ 5 PM; Join livestream: https://www.youtube.com/CSisElementary/live
- 12/8- Drive Thru Food Distribution @ 10:45 - 11:45 AM
Holiday Spirit Week - 12/13 ~12/17
Monday- Dream Career (Open-minded)
- Tuesday-Ugly Sweater (Courageous)
- Wednesday- PJ Day (Balanced)
- Thursday-Animal Day (Caring)
- Friday-Winter Wonderland (Reflective)
- 12/20 - 12/31 - No School (Winter Break)
- 1/3- No School (Staff Professional Development)
- 1/4/22- Students return to school
- 1/17- No School (Martin Luther King Jr.)