Rocket Family Weekly Update - Week of November 6-10
November 5, 2023
Dear Rocket Families,
Last week was quite eventful and TONS of fun!!! THANKS TO ALL our VOLUNTEERS, we had a wonderful Fall Festival. A HUGE THANK YOU to Jessica Steiner for her organization of the festival. We also are very grateful for all the sweet treats that were sent in for class parties.
We hope that you are able to join us for our Thanksgiving Meal on Thursday, November 16. The menu includes: turkey with gravy, stuffing, green beans, sweet potato soufflé, mac & cheese, and rolls. The cost of an adult meal is $4.00 per person. You are asked to pay with exact change on November 16. Please do not send in any payments ahead of time. Our luncheons are a way of showing our support for our school nutrition staff (we have the BEST by the way), so PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE do not bring ANY OUTSIDE FOOD!!!! Please choose another day to join your child for lunch if you wish to bring outside food.
We have TWO fundraisers that will begin this week!
- ART TO REMEMBER: Ms. Greene, our Art Teacher, shared information last week about ART TO REMEMBER. Your child's artwork would make great gifts for the holidays!!! Please see below for more information.
- RES RAFFLE TICKET SALE: On Wednesday, students will bring home 10 raffle tickets. Each ticket is $1.00. Students must sell all 10 tickets to receive more to sell. Our sale will run through Friday, December 8! Please see below for the chance to win one of the 18 prizes (17 CASH donations and 1 Gift Card) donated by local businesses to help RES!!!! We will offer 1st, 2nd and 3rd place highest raffle ticket seller prizes! We will have TWO winners for each place with one being from Pre-K - 2nd Grade and the other with grades 3-5!! Our school GOAL is to sell 7500 TICKETS!!!!!!! PLEASE DOJO YOUR CHILD'S TEACHER IF YOU DO NOT WISH FOR YOUR CHILD TO PARTICIPATE.
Finally, we will observe the Veterans Day Holiday this Friday, November 10. There will be no school for students or staff.
As always, please feel free to reach out to me anytime should you have any questions, concerns and/or suggestions. I may be reached at email@example.com, by way of Class Dojo or by calling the school at (828) 287-3778.
ART TO REMEMBER FUNDRAISER
Orders placed by Monday, November 20th will have FREE SHIPPING to our school! Items are expected to arrive to school mid December(before break).
Click on the link below to start shopping!
Upcoming Events & Important Information
3rd Grade Trip to Western NC Nature Center
- Thursday, November 9
Veterans Day Holiday
- Friday, November 10
- No School for Students or Staff
RES Thanksgiving Family Luncheon
- Thursday, November 16
4th Grade Trip to Chimney Rock
- Tuesday, November 21
5th Grade Parent Involvement
- Tuesday, November 21, 10 AM
- Wednesday, November 22 - Friday, November 24