RMS Weekly Events Calendar
January 11 - January 15
What's Going On This Week!!
We are back in full swing this week! We have a lot of learning going on this week with our students as well as our teachers. Several instructional meetings are planned this week with a focus on preparing our students for the upcoming ACT Aspire assessments. Our first ACT Aspire periodic assessments have provided us with a wealth of data and information that will be very useful in planning instruction for the upcoming months. I encourage all of you to dig deep into the data! It will definitely help guide your way as your work towards preparing our students.
Take a few minutes and read the paragraphs below. As we face challenges each and every day in educating our students, just know that they will rise to the challenges we set before them. Just like adults, if students are never challenged, it is easy to become complacent. Yes, challenge can be frustrating, but with challenge comes growth! Let's keep "blowing" that wind though challenging learning activities that keep our students' sails tight and going in the right direction towards the goal! Have a great week!
A ship, like a human being, moves best when it is slightly athwart the wind, when it has to keep its sails tight and attend its course. Ships, like men, do poorly when the wind is directly behind, pushing them sloppily on their way so that no care is required in steering or in the management of sails; the wind seems favorable, for it blows in the direction one is heading, but actually is destructive because it induces a relaxation in tension and skill.
What is needed is a wind slightly opposed to the ship, for then tension can be maintained, and juices can flow and ideas can germinate; for ships, like men, respond to challenge.
Monday, January 11
- No known activities
Tuesday, January 12
- RtI Referrals are due to Mrs. Bendall
Wednesday, January 13
- RMS Club Picture Day - Gym - 8:00 a.m.
- Special Area Teachers Instructional Meetings w/Mrs. Bendall
- Social Studies Instructional Meeting w/Dr. Thorn - 4th Period
Thursday, January 14
- Report Cards - Please give to students during 5th Period.
- Basketball pictures - RMS Gym - 1:30
- RtI Meeting - Media Center - 3:15
Friday, January 15
- 4H Meeting - Cafeteria - 7:30 a.m.
- Science Instructional Meeting w/Mrs. Kincaid - 2nd Period
- Math Instructional Meeting w/Mrs. Kincaid - 6th Period