December 23- January 8
We wish all of you a wonderful holiday season! Thank you for all of your passion and dedication to our students. Relax and rejuvenate yourself over the next few days. We look forward to 2016 with you all!!
Amy & Brandon
Mrs. Pam Barre, Library Media Specialist
Mrs. Anne Martin, Third Grade Teacher
Mrs. Sheri Wies, Fifth Grade Teacher
Woodstock's Teacher of the Year 2016
January 4th: Welcome Back!! Staff Meeting 3:15pm
January 5th: Mr. Lugo - OOTB 2:30pm - 4:30pm
2nd grade planning 8:20am- 12:20pm
PBIS School Lead Team 3:20pm (14)
January 6th: PLCs (To be discussed at the Staff Meeting)
Guidance Meeting, 1:00 (Ms. Pulley OOTB)
Book Buddies, 3:15
Good News Club, 3:15
KMS Open House, 6:00
January 7th: PLCs (To be discussed at the Staff Meeting)
January 9th: African American Male Summit
Woodstock's Holiday Party at Bubba's
**January 12th: Julia Cook assemblies for all students**
Thank you Mr. Barre for creating and executing an AWESOME lesson on needs and wants for our first graders! They had awesome conversations about saving their money. -Tracy
Thank you Ashley Hare and your class for helping with our animal research! Your kids were awesome mentors and researchers thanks to your leadership. -Tracy Jernigan
Thanks to Heath for setting up all the technology for the Skype session with Point Defiance Zoo and White Oaks ES. Thanks also for teaching me how to use Today’s Meet. Cherie
A huge thanks to everyone who helped with the 5th grade homelessness project. With the jean day and other teacher donations, the staff donated over $200. Thank You!
A huge thank you goes out to the staff and students that helped us collect 422 cards and pictures for the USS Kearsarge. Thank you for being a part of making a huge metal Navy ship feel a little more like home on Christmas Day. (Now let’s pray they make it there on time). –Sheri Wies and the students in room 41
Great job Mr K and Ms Rojas on a great concert. YOU BOTH ROCK! -Sheri Wies
I am so blessed to work with teachers dedicated enough to ensure our students learn more than just academics through quality lessons. Thank you Sheri Wies and Stephanie Wyman for your recent service projects. I know you have put in many hours to prepare these experiences for your classes. The students have learned many valuable lessons which they will remember for a lifetime. Wies and Wyman, YOU ROCK!
Many thanks to Stephanie for pushing me to come out of my comfort zone! “Sticky Note Girl”! Cherie A. Brogan
Learning Walks at Tallwood ES
On Dec. 14, Mrs. Franklin, Mrs. Marcus, and Mrs. Dirks visited Tallwood Elementary school. Below are some highlights of our visit.
1.We were able to learn how to use electronic flipcharts to reinforce prefixes/suffixes, and Greek and Latin roots. These charts will be available for grades 2-5 to use. They are located on our Kidswork site. To locate the flipcharts, go to Shortcuts, then go to Kidswork, and click on Word Sort flipcharts. Please save on your desktop. The charts will open in active inspire. We are very excited to begin using this resource!
2. We were impressed with the way the students only spend a few minutes per day on their Greek and Latin roots activity on the computers. What a great way to save paper!
3. We observed a teacher using the Today’s Meet program, in which teachers post questions and students respond on their laptops. Teachers get immediate feedback from their students to see if they are comprehending.
4. We discovered the Symbaloo and Padlet programs are great programs to use for digital writing journals.
Woodstock's Winter Party!! Saturday, January 9th
Your Hospitality committee has been working hard to make sure the Jan. 9 party will be fun for all. Great news – 60 WES staff and guests are signed up to attend! You’ll really be able to hang out and enjoy yourself with friends, colleagues, and other guests. Here are some important things for you to know:
- The party is Saturday, Jan. 9, 4-6pm at Bubba’s Back Deck on Shore Drive
- The cost is $15 per person. We are NOW accepting payment for the party. Please give your payment to Carolyn Davis. If you pay by check, please make payable to WES. Include your phone number on the check and put Hospitality Party in the memo section of the check.
- DEFINITELY be sure to put your payment, whether check or cash, in a sealed envelope if you are putting in a mailbox. Make sure your name is on the envelope if you are paying in cash so that we can mark you paid.
- All funds are due NO LATER than Wednesday, January 6. If you want to pay before the holiday break, that’s great.
- You may still sign up for the party. The last day to sign up on the poster is Wednesday, Dec. 23. The restaurant has to have a head count turned in over the holiday break. If you are just joining Hospitality so that you can attend the party, please give your membership dues to Carolyn Davis.
A Reminder from the Lovely Ladies of the Office
TEACHERS: Please make sure that all notes that are sent up to the Main Office concerning student transportation have the student’s complete name, and your name included.
Blue transmittal envelopes must be turned in DAILY when you are collecting money.