Little Cypress Elementary
September 2022 Newsletter
A Note from the Principal
Little Cypress Elementary Families,
We are so thankful to have our students back! It has been a great first month of school, and we look forward to a fun September together.
We are excited about this year’s schedule, the new curriculum we have pushed out in ELAR and Math, and the potential of our students for this school year.
I want to encourage you to ask your child questions about their day, help them complete homework, and take an active part in their learning.
We want students to love learning for a lifetime, and that begins right here with a partnership between LCE and home.
If you have any questions or concerns about your child’s academic progress, please reach out to their teacher. Stay connected and informed!
We ask that you schedule appointments on early release days, days out of school, etc. so we can utilize every minute of the school day possible for your child’s success. Attendance matters!
If there’s anything we can do to better serve your child or your family, please reach out.
At your service,
Breakfast and Lunch Information
All LCM STUDENTS ARE RETURNING TO PAID BREAKFAST AND LUNCH
Students may qualify for Free or Reduced priced meals. If you feel that you may qualify, please pick up an application at the front office of your school, in the cafeteria, or online at www.lcmcisd.org.
To add money to your child’s account
1. Log into your Skyward Family Access Account
2. Click on Food Service 3. Click on “Make a Payment.” This will take you to Revtrak.
4. Create a Revtrak account if you do not have one.
5. Follow the prompts to add money to your child’s account
**You may also send a check or cash to the cashier in the cafeteria before school**
Car Line Procedures
- LCE students should be dropped off between 6:50 - 7:10 a.m. The tardy bells rings at 7:15 a.m. and instruction begins.
- Only 2nd and 3rd grade students can be dropped off at the front of the school in the mornings. Everyone else will need to be dropped off in the back.
- Parents with both LCI and LCE students may drop their LCE student off in the LCI car line between 6:50 - 7:10 a.m. After 7:10, all LCE students are to be dropped off at the LCE campus.
- Once the back doors are closed, you will need to drive to the front of the school, park, and escort your child into the building.
- For safety reasons, please have your child ready to exit the vehicle on the passenger side.
- TURN RIGHT when exiting Meeks during drop off and pick up hours.
- For the safety of your child and others, please do not use your cell phone while in the car drop off and pick up lines.
- Please pull into the grassy area to buckle your child in.
- Students cannot be checked out through the front office after 2:30 p.m. as we are in our final transition for the day. We will ask you to join the pick up line at that point.
- SCHOOL ISSUED CAR RIDER TAG MUST BE VISIBLE IN ORDER TO PICK UP YOUR CHILD. THIS IS A SAFETY MEASURE.
Bus Rider Information
- Students must ride the bus to their assigned drop off location (home address/licensed day care).
- All bus transportation changes must go through the Transportation Department 409-670-4601. Changes must take place before 1:30 p.m.
- Without a note, the child will follow their established routine.
- In an emergency, a phone call will be accepted but will require the student's last four digits of their social security number.
- An adult must be present at the bus stop for all PK, Kindergarten, and 1st grade students to be dropped off.
The district prohibits any clothing or grooming that in the principal’s judgment may reasonably be expected to cause disruption or interference with normal school operations.
- Shorts and skirts should be at least mid-thigh length and be hemmed.
- Shirts should cover the midriff and have at least two (2) inch shoulder strap or sleeves. No muscle shirts or spaghetti straps.
- Pants must fit at the waist or be belted. Baggy pants and jeans with holes above the knee will not be allowed. Holes above the knee with backing are allowed as long as the backing is intact.
- All students are required to have shoes that are safe for participation in all physical education activities. Backless shoes, high-heeled shoes of any type, and flip-flops are prohibited. This is a safety issue and is in the best interest of the student. All rubber soled, laced up, closed back shoes (tennis shoes or any athletic type shoe) will be acceptable. Crocs are not allowed in PE.
Little Cypress Elementary Contacts
Orange, Texas 77632
Amber Hawk, Principal
Sommer Reynolds, Assistant Principal
Corrie Zepeda, Counselor
Misty Coleman, Nurse
Sarah St. John, Campus Curriculum Coordinator
Tessa Humble, Campus Special Programs Coordinator
Lisa Fisher, Secretary
Tammi Halliburton, Librarian
Bianca Sanchez, Registrar and Attendance Clerk