Inglewood Middle Charter Academy
Home of the Cougars!
Our spirit and determination to build a successful middle school is strong. Parents, we appreciate you donating school supplies, volunteering on campus, and supporting our school programs by attending and participating, BUT the area we appreciate the most, is the TIME you are spending with your son and/or daughter. The time you spend with your son and/or daughter after school/weekends is critical to their success.
- Are you checking their agendas (3) on a daily basis for completion?
- Do you ask your son and/or daughter to share with you what they learned in math, English/Language (ELA), science, and history on a daily basis?
- Have you connected with your son and/or daughter's teachers?
- Are mini-celebrations/rewards happening to show your son and/or daughter that academics are important to you and your family?
If you answered yes to these questions, THANK YOU!" If you answered, "No," don't worry, you can start today! One factor to your child's success is the amount of time you devote to their schooling.
The IIMCA staff is Proud to call IIMCA their school community, but we are evener Prouder to call you ALL our IIMCA Family!
Happy Labor Day and Have a Wonderful Week!
School Resumes Tomorrow!
- Ensure that your child is wearing full uniform, has their backpack and agenda folder organized, and the supplies needed to get their work done in class.
IIMCA Enrollment- We Need Your Help!
- We are in need a few more great scholars! Do you know anyone that is looking for a school community that is committed to children's success and putting them on the path to college? If so, PLEASE direct them our way! Mr. Engram and the main office are here to help.
- A free uniform item will be provided to any parent who recommends a child who enrolls!!!
Cupcakes with Collins! NEW DATE----Friday, SEPT 18
- Do you enjoy baking? If so, come on out and bring your best dish... I will also bake! Let's talk about the school's vision, our academics, our scholars, likes/dislikes, etc over homemade baked goods. We will meet at 9 am on campus. (PS You do not have to bake to enjoy the goodies and great conversation!)
- NEW DATE---- Friday, Sept 18- I personally apologize for the date changes- We are aligning a few calendars this year!
- Looking forward to seeing everyone there!
Washington DC Trip
- Many parents showed up on campus this week to learn more about this once in a lifetime trip (It may also be the last time our scholars are in Washington DC with an African American president). Please reach out to Mr. Engram if you are interested in learning more!
- We need at least 20 committed parents, let's make this happen for our scholars!
- Is your child arriving after 7:50 am? If so, they are late. Class begins at 7:50, show your children your commitment to their education by bringing them to school on-time EVERYDAY.
- Here's the math if your child is between 10 and 15 minutes a couple days (2) a week that adds up to almost a full week of school that they miss. We need our children in school EVERYDAY and ON-TIME. Please make that a priority.
- Perfect attendance is a goal that everyone should be trying to reach with their child.
- Again, make it a priority that your child is at school EVERYDAY!
Morning Uniform and Agenda Checks
- Parents we see your commitment to our school community by seeing your child dressed appropriately and ready for school.
- About 90-95% of our school community is on-point... Let's continue to bring up that percentage!
***Save The Date***
Month of September
- Monday- 7: Labor Day: School Holiday!
- Tuesday- 8: School Resumes
- Friday- 18 (NEW DATE): Cupcakes with Collins @ 9am
- Thursday- 24: Back to School Night (PIM)! @6pm in Wesley Hall
- Monday- 28: Pupil Free Day
- Tuesday- 29: School Resumes
STAY INFORMED WITH US... IF YOU MOVE, CHANGE NUMBERS, ETC, CONTACT THE MAIN OFFICE!
Main Office: Ms. Smith, firstname.lastname@example.org
School Operations Manager: Ms. Ava, email@example.com
Student Information Coordinator: Ms. Corona, firstname.lastname@example.org
Community Relations Coordinator (Parent Relations): Mr. Engram, email@example.com