Follow Us on Twitter and Facebook for the Latest News!
News and Information
- August 13th 5-6:30 pm-Meet the Teacher
- August 15th- First Day of School
- September 3rd- Labor Day- Student/Staff Holiday
Youngblood's Dress Code
Colors: Solid color tops – red, navy blue or white (Shirts must have a collar)
(no emblems larger than a nickel)
Bottoms – navy or khaki -No stripes, decorations or words/graphics on clothing are permitted.
• Shirts must be tucked in at all times.
• Bottoms must be loose fitting (not baggy) and worn at the waist. Students with sagging or tight
bottoms may receive an office referral and disciplinary action.
• Shorts, skirts and skorts are acceptable, but they must be no higher than 2” above the knee.
• Cut-offs are not allowed; likewise, students may not roll up their uniform pants, shorts or jeans
at the bottom.
• For safety reasons, students must wear closed toe shoes that cover the entire foot including the
heel (no open-toe sandals, slides, mules, flip-flops, etc.)
• Sweaters/sweatshirts must be solid red, navy, or white. Cardigan, pullover, or V-neck styles are
all acceptable if worn with an appropriate uniform shirt underneath.
Jackets/windbreakers/hooded tops are not to be worn within the building and must be kept in the classroom coat cabinet during instructional time. Youngblood Sweatshirts will be available for purchase.
• A solid white shirt (with no writing) may be worn under a collared shirt.
• No oversized clothing (i.e. outerwear) is allowed at any time. Absolutely, no sagging pants or
skinny jeans allowed.
• Students may only wear one pair of SOLID red, white, navy blue, royal blue or black socks. No mix matching socks. Also no patterns/designs or logos. Female students may also wear plain footed tights in solid red, white, navy blue or black.
Fridays are designated as Spirit Days at Youngblood. Students may wear appropriate loose fitting jeans (not ripped or torn) with a uniform shirt or a Youngblood Spirit shirt if they did not receive any uniform violations as recorded in their student planner for that week.
Visiting our Campus
School Hours are 8:40 A.M. -3:50 P.M.
- In order to have a successful school year, regular attendance is necessary.
- If a student is absent, please notify the front office. Our automatic absence system will call and notify you of the absence.
- Upon returning to school, send the student with a doctor's note or handwritten note with the following information: Date, Student's first and last name, Teacher's name and grade, date(s) of the absence, reason for the absence, parent/legal guardian signature, and phone number.
- A student has only 3 days to turn in an absence note to the attendance office.
- If a student is absent 3 or more consecutive days, a doctor's note is required for the absences to be excused.
- Please note that 10 unexcused absences can lead to the parent/student being sent to court for truancy.
- Students must be in attendance 90% of the school year. This means your child can only be absent no more than 17 days each school year.
- If students are more than 10 minutes late, they will receive a "T10". A total 10 "T10" marks can result in truancy charges being filed.
- Early Pick Up (part of day absence)- Please turn in the doctor's note when the student returns to excuse the early leave.
- Parent/legal guardian must have a valid ID to pick up a student from school early.
- Change of Dismissal- If you need to change the mode of transportation for your student, please send a written note with your student or call the front office before 3:00 pm. Students are not allowed to ride a different bus or change their transportation without a note.