We want to extend our gratitude to our AES students and families for a successful first quarter. We thank you for your continued support as we travel together on the "Road to Success."
We are happy to continue to share our new newsletter tool, Smore! It will include all important updates and information and families can translate our newsletters into 100+ languages, including Myanmar (Burmese), in just one click!
Look for our next Bulldog Bulletin on December 4, 2023!
Congratulations to our 2023-2024 Student Council members! Twenty-two 5th graders applied and campaigned to be on the Student Council. All of them did a great job and are to be commended for their courage and desire to be a leader in our school. All of the 4th and 5th graders watched campaign videos and read campaign posters before voting for who they think would be great leaders. Based on the votes from all 4th and 5th graders, here are the members of this year's Student Council:
Listed below are the counseling lessons for each grade for the month of November:
Mrs. Susanne Olsen
Arbutus Elementary School
Direct line: 443-809-8116
Notes from the Nurse
Mary K. Graham, RN
Arbutus Elementary School
443-809-1489 (Nurse's Line)
443-809-8113 (Nurse's Fax)
Turkey Trot Time!
On Friday, November 17, 2023, we will be participating in our 7th annual AES Turkey Trot (weather permitting)! Students will race their peers in hopes of winning one of our spectacular prizes. Third place finisher will win a can of cranberry sauce. Second place finisher will win a pie. First place finisher will win a TURKEY! We invite parents and guardians to watch this great tradition during their child's special area time. On the day of the event, all visitors are required to visit the Office for a visitor's badge.
- 4th grade- 9:20-10:15
- 5th grade- 10:20-11:15
- 3rd grade & Pre-K- 11:20-12:15
- Kindergarten- 12:50-1:45
- 1st grade- 1:50-2:45
- 2nd grade- 2:50-3:45
Physical Education Teacher
Save the Dates!
For the full BCPS '23-'24 calendar visit: https://www.bcps.org/
Nov. 6 - 16: Annual Food Drive
Nov. 9: Picture Makeup Day (Lifetouch)
Nov. 13: Professional Development Day, Schools Closed for Students, Teachers on Duty
Nov. 14 -17: American Education Week (Please See Flyer Above for Details)
Nov. 14 - 17: Hearing and Vision Testing (PreK, Grades 1 and 4 - See Notes from the Nurse)
Nov 14: Report Cards Distributed
Nov. 17: Turkey Trot
Nov. 20: Pre-K Conference Day – No School for Pre-K Students – Teachers on Duty
Nov. 21: Pre-K through Grade 5 Conference Day – Schools Closed for Elementary Students- Teachers on Duty
Nov. 22 - Nov. 24: Thanksgiving Holiday - Schools and Offices Closed
Dec. 9: Winterfest 10:00 - 2:00 p.m. at Arbutus Elementary
3/11/24-5/3/24: PTA Spring Before/After School Clubs (more info to come)
- Arrival time is 9-9:15 and dismissal time is 4-4:15.
- AES Arrival Dismissal Procedures.pdf
Walkers in grades PK-2 (and older siblings) will dismiss from the library door
Walkers in grades 3-5 will dismiss from the breezeway doors.
All walkers must be checked out with the teacher on duty by their authorized pick-up person.
- AES Carline Diagram '23-'24.pdf Car tags will be distributed at Peek at Your Seat and during the first week of school.
- Please keep your child home if they have a fever or sign of illness.
- Breakfast and lunch are provided to all students at no cost (no application needed). Students may bring lunch from home. Food and Nutrition Flyer 23-24.pdf
- Snacks and beverages will be available for purchase. To add funds to your child's account, visit https://www.myschoolbucks.com/ver2/getmain?requestAction=home
- Label lunch boxes, water bottles, bookbags, jackets, and coats with your child’s name.
- We are a cash only school, no checks or credit will be accepted.
- All chaperones must be 21 or older and complete the volunteer application and training.
- To volunteer: go to the Community tab for Volunteers at https://www.bcps.org and follow the steps. All potential volunteers must complete this process annually.