Environmental Issues of Canada
First off, acid rain is caused by fuel burning from factories. The high levels of acid rain have killed many animals and plants living near the factories. The acid rain pollutes the Great Lakes. the acid rain in the clouds winds onto the lakes, killing and polluting the rivers. The government has done somethings to help this problem.
- they have built factories that don't pollute the air.
- laws that limit car pollution
- encouragement to walk or ride bikes
- reduce the amount of mining in the Shield
- reduce exports and focus on manufacturing
- wood pulp
- plant millions of saplings
- billions of dollars are spent on protecting the forests
- $100 million is used to protect wildlife and habitats.
The Canadian Government
- constitutional monarchy-there is a monarch, but limited power because of the constitution.
- parliamentary democracy-where the legislative branch elects the cabinet who elects the leader.
- federation-where power is equally distributed between the national government and the provinces/territories
- governor-general is chosen by the monarch for a 5 year term.
- prime minister is chosen indirectly by the people(who vote on representatives to vote for them.)