News from Fourth Grade
December 14 - December 18
The Mousetrap Machine Science Assembly
This week we will be continuing in our fiction unit. We will be discussing what point of view a story is told from (1st person, 3rd person) and the way fiction texts are usually structured (chronologically).
Remember students should be recording their 30 minutes of reading every night on their home reading log and turning it in every Friday!
This week we will continue working on multi-step word problems that have remainders and how to write an equation to represent a word problem. Students will be working daily through a rotation of four stations (independent work, hands on activity, technology practice, teacher group). Students will also be working daily on math facts practice.
Students will be taking their Unit 2 On-Demand Assessment on Wednesday, December 16th and Thursday, December 17th.
Weekly Home Expectations
- 30 minutes of reading a night recorded on Home Reading Log
- Math facts practice (IXL, xtramath, fashcards, etc.)
- Winter Break: No School December 21st - January 3rd (School will resume on Monday, January 4th)
- Tuesday, January 5th - Classroom Spelling Bee
- Friday, January 8th - School Spelling Bee
- Please remember that students are no longer allowed to bring in birthday treats. However, they may bring in a non-food item to share with their classmates on their birthday. There are 21 students in our classroom.
Goodrich Holiday Giving Project
The PTO and Goodrich Staff are coming together to adopt a future Goodrich family this holiday season!
How can you help?
With monetary donations or by donating new toys or new books by Friday, December 18th!