ICEF Weekly Newsletter
April 3, 2016
For the Week of April 4 - April 8
Arts Month is upon us!
Focus for the Week - Grade-Level Reading
- Are our students reading at grade-level?
- How do we know? What data are we using to inform this?
- What are we doing to address this?
News, Helpful Hints, and Reminders
From the Academic Team -
- Thursday's Directors' Meeting will focus on LCAP reconciliation and completion of the Teacher Scorecard. Please bring all necessary materials.
- LACOE is offering Online and Blended Professional Development Courses. Check it out http://teachstar.lacoe.edu/.
- This week is Arts Week, sponsored by LA County Arts for LA.
- April 5 - Watch channel 36 for a special presentation before the LA County Board of Supervisors, including the Proclamation of ArtsWeek and the presentation of scrolls to founding Arts for LA board members, Charmaine Jefferson, Leni Boorstin, and Michael Alexander, in proud recognition of their 10 years of leadership and achievement in advancing arts and culture throughout Los Angeles County.
- April 6 - Gather at LA City Hall at 8:30am for coffee and networking and then help us fill the Council Chambers for an inspiring Arts Day City Council Presentation.
8:30 am Coffee & Networking in the Rotunda
10:00 am Enter Council Chambers
11:00 am Group photo on Spring Street steps of City Hall
- April 7 - Join an all-day social media campaign to reach out to your located elected officials through social media to thank them for their continued public investment in arts and culture, to urge them to increase the resources to neighborhood arts centers, to remind them of the value of arts education in workforce development and of the need for a robust cultural infrastructure for the continued health and prosperity of Greater Los Angeles. The goal is to have every elected official - whether city council member or school board member - to hear from #ArtsVote advocates in all 81 school districts and 88 cities in Los Angeles County.
By Wednesday, 4/7/2016, please deliver the items below to Enrique at the Home Office:
1. 2015-16 Meal Applications
2. 2015-16 CELDT Scores (for the selected students)
3. Joint 2015-16 Meal Applications and 2015-16 CELDT Scores (for the selected students)
4. Immunization copies (from cum file and Illuminate print out) [for the selected students]