Conduction, Convection, Radiation
Example of conduction:
1. When you are heating up metal the particles in the metal vibrate and it heat up the rest of the metal
Example of convection:
1. When you are boiling the kettle the water particles go around and around the kettle.
2. When you turn the heater on the hot air rises and the cold air sinks.
Radiation is the transfer of heat form one place to another using invisible waves. All objects give out via radiation but hot objects radiate more heat than cool objects. Dark objects radiate more heat than light objects.
Examples of radiation:
1. When you are sitting in front of the fire the heat comes from the fire and heats up the room.
2. When you are cooking dinner the heat goes up the pot and then up the handle.