Your Digital Footprint
By Isabel Mireles
What is your digital footprint and who's in charge of it?
A digital footprint is whatever you post, buy, share, or anything you do online that anyone will be able to view. A digital footprint can give people in impression of you being good or bad. The only person that is in charge of your footprint is yourself.
Digital Footprint - What Digital Footprint Are You Leaving Online?
Where can your digital footprint be found?
By simply searching up your name, you can find things from a recent blog you made to an old picture from Kindergarten. Your digital footprint is permanent. It's found in all types of social media used like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc. It can also be found in the blogs you post or even look at. It's whatever activity your doing online
Creating a positive footprint
- only post things that make you look good
- post pictures or posts talking about the charity or volunteer works
- talk positively about school/work
- show your skills not your weaknesses
- don't put out personal information
- post things you know your family would approve of
- don't like or share inappropriate images or videos
Taking care of your digital information is incredibly important because it is something that will follow you for the rest of your life. It will help you get a job, get into a school, or get respect from peers of yours. So no matter what think before you post or share. It can mean your whole life and the way people view you.