Teaching the Way of Jesus Christ
May 2, 2016
A Note from the Interim Principal
Happy May! As we enter May, the month during which we especially remember Mary, let us ask for her intercession on behalf of our students as we complete the final weeks of school. Let us also ask for Mary's intercession on behalf of our teachers during this Teacher Appreciation Week. May they graciously follow Mary's humble example of saying "yes" to the call to do God's Will.
Dear Heavenly Father,
Please shower special blessings upon our teachers this week.
Obtain for them the grace to persevere in truth,
to be a light to their students and colleagues,
to convey to others in their words and actions
the wisdom to teach in the Way of Jesus Christ.
Mary, Holy Mother of God, pray for us.
Saint Catherine, Patron Saint of Teachers, pray for us.
This Week: Teacher Appreciation Week!
- Wednesday, 5/4 - 8th Grade Field Trip to Camp Thurman - All Day
- Wednesday, 5/4 - 4th Grade Field Trip to Log Cabin Village - 9:15 a.m. - 1:15 p.m.
- Wednesday, 5/4 - Kindergarten Mother's Day Tea - 10:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.
- Thursday, 5/5 - May Crowning Mass - 8:15 a.m.
- Thursday, 5/5 - Fiesta Day School Assembly - 10:00 a.m.
- Thursday 5/5 - Fiesta Day Classroom Parties - 2:15 p.m.
- Thursday, 5/5 - Gypsy Scoops Ice Cream Available for Purchase after School
- Friday, 5/6 - Unused Snow Day - NO SCHOOL
- Sunday, 5/8 - Happy Mother's Day!
- Monday, 5/9 - ACRE testing for 5th and 7th grades
- Tuesday, 5/10 - Donuts with Dad - 7:15 a.m. - 7:50 a.m.
- Tuesday, 5/10 - ACRE testing for 5th and 7th grades
- Wednesday, 5/11 - 5th Grade Field Trip to Boulevard Heights for Cultural Day - 1:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, 5/11 - 8th Grade Greek Festival
- Wednesday, 5/11 - PK4 Mother's Day Tea - 2:00 p.m.
- Thursday, 5/12 - Volunteer Appreciation Mass hosted by 5th grade - 8:15 a.m.
- Thursday, 5/12 - 7th & 8th grade field trip to Jewish Synagogue - 1:00 p.m.
- Friday, 5/13 - 10th Annual Golf Club Tournament
- Friday, 5/13 - 1st & 2nd Grade Fire Safety Presentation - 8:00 a.m.
- Saturday, 5/14 - 2nd Grade First Communion Mass
Plans for Fiesta Day
Save the Date for Donuts with Dad
Save the Date - Volunteer Appreciation Mass
2016 HFCS Parent Survey
THANK YOU! THANK YOU! We finished up the survey with over 70% parent participation. This is such a huge help in planning for next year. Thank you for taking the time to do this to help your students! And since every class had over 50% parent participation, all grades enjoyed popsicles on Tuesday afternoon! You should have received the results last Friday.
Gypsy Scoops Ice Cream
2nd Grade Engineers
2nd grade enjoyed a presentation last Tuesday by Mrs. Terri Almas, mother of Isabella, as part of Lockheed Martin's, "Engineers in the Classroom" program. Students launched seltzer rockets outside and learned all about what engineers do. Thank you, Mrs. Almas!
Muffins with Mom
National Junior Honor Society Induction
8th Grade Diocesan Mass
From Our HFCS PTO
We now have these positions for 2016-17 filled:
* Focal Point – Fund Raising
* Focal Point – Teacher Appreciation
These positions are open:
* Next President – This person would participate in PTO leadership, be instrumental in planning for the future, and be the President in 2017-18.
* Focal Point -- Volunteers – serve as the focal point for those who need volunteers, keep volunteer lists, support volunteer needs and communication (be the funnel between school groups and events and the volunteers)
* Focal Point -- Hospitality – this is a knowledge and experience position. It would be very helpful to have someone who understands the church/school plant, rules, procedures, staff/roles, and how things are customarily done. This is not a person to set up for events. I am working on documenting how to do meals for teachers and staff to add to the Room Parent Guide. Other procedures could be added by this focal point.
Please phone or email me if you are interested in any of the open positions or have suggestions for other roles PTO should have. Also please contact me or a room parent if you have suggestions about events PTO held this year or any you would like to be considered for next year. Debra Geater; PTO@hfsfw.org; 817-701-9443
Thank you, Mr. Davidson!
World War II Ball
10th Annual HFCS Dads' Club Golf Tournament - May 13th
Big Band Dance at NCHS
This summer, HFCS is installing a beautiful new feature on the southeast corner of the school building — the Holy Family Alumni Prayer Garden. In connection with the school’s ongoing 70th anniversary celebration, HFCS families and alumni, as well as all Holy Family parishioners, are invited to participate in this project. There are two ways to be a part of the Prayer Garden project:
(1) Sponsor a brick — Have your name, the name of a HFCS student or alumni, or another special message engraved on a brick in the garden walkway. To honor HFCS’s 70th year of Teaching the Way of Jesus Christ, you can reserve your brick today for $70.
(2) Put a name on the HFCS Wall of Service — Honor a beloved current or former HFCS teacher, administrator, volunteer, or anyone else who has impacted our children’s lives in the last 70 years by submitting their name for inclusion on the Wall of Service plaque that will be installed in the Prayer Garden ($20 per name).
Extended Day for Last Week of School
The schedule for Extended Day for the last week of school is as follows:
- Monday--5/23-Regular morning/afternoon Extended Day
- Tuesday--5/24--Regular morning/afternoon Extended Day
- Wednesday--5/25--Regular morning Extended Day/ afternoon 12-5pm (please bring a lunch)
- Thursday--5/26--Regular morning Extended Day/afternoon 12-6pm (please bring a lunch)
- Friday--5/27--Regular morning Extended Day -- NO afternoon care
Monday and Tuesday will be billed at the end of each day. These fees need to be paid by Wednesday 5/25.
Wednesday through Friday must be prepaid. Use the form below and circle the sessions that your child will attend Extended Day. Attach payment and return the form to the Business Office no later than Friday May 20, 2016.
A separate form is needed for each student but payment may be combined.