Hello Kellond Families,
Thank you for continuing to support your teachers and staff as we all navigate the uncertainty that COVID has created. This has certainly been a time of continuous change for all of us. As you have heard, based on the predictions of the PCHD, our district will not open for hybrid this week. In fact, we will remain in remote learning for all students through the end of the semester. We know that this has an impact on our families. Above everything, we value the safety of our children and employees and we are here to support in any way possible.
(Dr. Trujillo's letter is included below.)
We are excited to congratulate the October 2020 Cougar of the Month recipients. Please see the list below. These students will also receive a certificate in the mail.
Be safe and take care,
We are here to assist in any way we can this school year. Visit our Kellond Website http://tusd1.org/kellond/ for school information and links to district information.
Building an inclusive community to promote academic success and inspire lifelong learners
A diverse community where all students achieve their full potential through meaningful relationships, and rigorous, enriched instructional practices.
Greetings Tucson Unified Family,
As your Superintendent there is no responsibility I take more seriously and no priority more important than ensuring the health, safety, and security of our students and employees. This commitment is the core value inherent in any decision I make. Throughout this pandemic your Governing Board and I have committed to honoring the expertise of the Pima County Health Department by utilizing their data to guide our decision making regarding the re-opening of our schools, programs, and extra-curricular activities. It is in this spirit that I have made the difficult decision to not open the Tucson Unified School District for Hybrid Learning starting Thursday November 12th. In my briefings this week with the Pima County Health Department leadership team, I was informed that our county will be in a state of widespread community transmission of COVID-19 at the time of our planned opening. I encourage you to view her 11/4/20 community update message here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1aaDMT9ECWM
Out of an abundance of caution, our leadership team has made a commitment to only initiate “hybrid” instruction when Pima County is in a state of moderate transmission or better. Please note that our remote instructional model will remain unchanged. Your child or children should continue to log on to their regularly scheduled remote classes at their regularly scheduled times. School bell schedules for remote instruction will remain the same.
We will continue to have On Campus Learning Spaces open for at-risks students, as well as any families that would like their children to be on campus. Our On-Campus Learning Spaces will continue to feature access to remote instruction and basic campus services for students that attend.
If you are a family that chose Hybrid Learning, your student will be prioritized when Hybrid Learning begins in the Spring.
I thank you for your continued patience, support, and trust in the Tucson Unified School District and look forward to continuing to provide you with updates as soon as information becomes available. Be safe and be healthy.
Dr. Gabriel Trujillo
Cougar of the Month - October 2020
We are so proud of you!
Zoey B. - Ms. Burhans
Robert J. - Ms. Emrick
Charlie M. - Ms. Gee
Ashley G. - Ms. Botkin
Elie K. - Ms. Brosius
Audrey B. - Ms. Danella
Brielle S. - Ms. Magee
Aiysha C. - Ms. Bruce
Joseph H. - Ms. Carrillo-Gaxiola
Matthew C. - Ms. Edwards
Cesar M. - Ms. Lombardo
River D. - Ms. Ijams
Unique A. - Ms. Murphy
Arturo M. - Ms. Schickling
Nevaeh B. - Ms. Feldhaus
Alonzo W. - Ms. Fitzgerald
Brooklyn D. - Ms. Melcher
Robyn C. - Ms. Swenson
Isaac T. - Mr. Hughes
Makynzee M. - Ms. North
Makenzie S. - Ms. Richardson
Marcellus C. - Ms. Gaynor
Robert G. - Ms. Omar Makram
PTO/OMA Art Contest! Deadline extended to November 13th!
Kellond Grade Level Art Contest
We are having a grade level art contest at Kellond! The theme is: Kellond Strong: Together or apart, we're still Cougars at heart! Create your art based upon this theme and send it in!
(Please note that your child's art will be displayed on the Kellond PTO site on Facebook.)
Here are the steps to submit your art:
- Create your art using anything you have at home.
- Take a picture of it! You can use a camera or a cell phone. If you are using a phone, please get adult permission and help!
- Email it to the PTO at email@example.com.
- In the email make sure to include:
- First and last name
- Grade level
- The name of your teacher
- In the subject line write: Art Contest 2020.
- If you do not want your child's name to be displayed on Facebook, please put that in the email. Again, make sure to get adult help.
Announced October 23rd.
Submit your art by November 13th
Art will be available to view and vote on November 16-November 20
Voting will close on November 20th
Winner will be contacted November 23rd
Veteran's Day - No School
Wednesday, Nov. 11th, 9am-3:30pm
This is an online event.
We are grateful for all our families who have served or are currently serving our country through the armed forces.
We are indebted to you and your loved ones for their sacrifices.
Thursday, Nov. 26th, 9am to Friday, Nov. 27th, 3:30pm
This is an online event.
We wish you all a very
Grab and Go Meals
- With remote learning continuing, our Grab & Go Meal bus routes will resume on Thursday, 11/12 following the same bus routes as before; however the bus routes will not run on Wednesdays. The Grab & Go meal bus routes will run Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays. Double meals will be provided on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays to cover meals for Wednesdays and Saturdays/Sundays.
**The Grab & Go meal bus routes are not running Tuesday, 11/10 and Wednesday, 11/11 as previously planned and communicated**
- The weekly meal picks are available as an alternative option to the bus routes. Registration for the weekly meal pick up is required at http://tusd.noesisgroup.com/index.php/143184?lang=en. The current registration process is for the following dates: Tuesday, 11/10 from 4:00-5:30pm and then every Wednesday (11/18, 11/25, 12/2, 12/9 & 12/16) from 10am-1pm at TUSD Food Services Central Facility (2150 E.15th Street 85719).
- Meals continue to be free to all children 18 years old and under
- Meals will continue to be provided on site to those students on site for learning labs
- Families can contact TUSD Food Services Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or 520-225-4700 with any questions.
Benefit is a mobile app that supports Kellond PTO through everyday transactions. Shop at America's leading national retailers in-store and online. At checkout simply use Benefit app to pay which sends 2-20% of your total purchase to Kellond PTO!
Tuesday, Dec. 1st, 5:15pm
This is an online event.
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 897 5751 5809
Tues Dec 1, 2020
Tues Jan 5, 2021
Tues Feb 2, 2021
Tues Mar 2, 2021
Tues May 4, 2021