Evergreen Middle School - February 18, 2022
Mark Your Calendars!
**Late Start every Thursday | school starts at 9:10**
- 6th grade Reading is the Ticket starts | February 18th
- President's Day | No School | February 21st
- Middle School Conferences | February 23rd - 25th | early release at 12:30
- Running Club | starts February 28th | register online | open to all grades
- 3rd quarter Progress Reports Available on Powerschool | March 1st
- Yearbooks for sale | March 1st - April 1st only! | online at ems.cvsd.org | $18 each
- Dungeons & Dragons Intramural Club starts | March 3rd | 2:45 - 4:15 | Library
- Kiwanis Father Daughter Dance | March 5th | Mirabeau Park Hotel | 6:30 - 9:00
- 8th Grade Parent Night | Monday March 7th | CVHS Theater | 6:00 - 7:00pm
- Intramural Hockey begins | March 7th | register online ems.cvsd.org
- CVHS Counselors at EMS to register 8th grade students | March 8th
- Baseball registration opens online | March 14th
- Normal School day | March 18th | *see below*
- 3rd quarter ends | April 1st
- Spring Break | No School | April 4th - 8th
- 4th quarter starts | April 11th
- Baseball season starts | April 11th
ATTENTION 8th GRADE PARENTS!!
If you have any questions, please reach out to Mrs. Comella (EMS Counselor) at 558.3711 or Ms. Naccarato (CVHS 9th grade Counselor) at 558.5115.
STEM Academy at SVT
Dear current 8th graders and families:
Are you interested in or thinking about the STEM Academy at SVT?
Be sure to check out www.spokanevalleytech.org to complete your application for the 2022-23 school year! Applications are due Monday, March 7th.
Do you still need more information or have some questions? SVT will be hosting an online parent/student webinar to talk about the STEM Academy on Wednesday, February 23rd, at 5:30 PM. You can join the webinar using the link below. During this webinar you will get some basic information about the STEM Academy, watch our “tour” video, and have an opportunity to ask questions. We will record the webinar and post it to our website, as well. We look forward to having you join us and/or reading your applications!
If your student is interested in trying out SVT this summer AND earning high school credit, they should check out our summer programs. SVT Summer Academy applications will be posted on our website starting February 28th. We have a number of programs to check out! Classes run June 23rd to July 12th.
All the best,
Katie Louie and the SVT Staff
LINK TO WEBINAR for February 23rd: https://cvsd-org.zoom.us/j/81616543472?pwd=d0thNVh5KzBHS3R1OXhmNzlEcjl2QT09
Principal, STEM Academy
Director, SVT Skill Center
115 S University Road
Spokane Valley, WA 99206
School Calendar Update
Need To Pay for a Sport?
- Go to ems.cvsd.org
- Go to the Athletics or Activities tab
- Click on Register Now
- Follow link to Family ID
- On the lower right hand side, click on CVSD Online Payments
- Log in to InTouch Receipting with students ID
- IMPORTANT: Under "SHOP" choose "Items at Student's School"
- Choose Athletics and the sport you would like to pay for
Any questions or issues, please contact the school office for assistance at 558.3700.
17th Annual Kiwanis Father Daughter Dance!
17th annual Kiwanis Father Daughter Dance is March 5th at the Mirabeau Park Hotel. Please see information below regarding this opportunity in our community.
To purchase tickets, click on the photo below.
Spring Conference Schedule | February 23-25
Contacts at Evergreen Middle School
- Mike Syron, Principal: email@example.com | 558.3717
- Rachael Crooks, Assistant Principal: firstname.lastname@example.org | 558.3716
- Natalie Nootenboom, 6th/7th grade Counselor: email@example.com | 558.3710
- Anna Comella, 8th grade Counselor: firstname.lastname@example.org | 558.3711
- Heather Crooks, Head Secretary: email@example.com | 558.3701
- Marci Highley, Assistant Secretary: firstname.lastname@example.org | 558.3700
- Jessica Trejbal, Assistant Secretary/Registrar: email@example.com | 558.3702
- Joyce Wilson, School Nurse: firstname.lastname@example.org | 558.3708
School office hours: Monday - Friday 7:30am - 3:00pm
14221 E. 16th Ave. Spokane Valley, WA 99037
Main Office: 558.3700 Attendance line: 558.3706