Seeking Scientists and Historians…
for a LHA Science and Social Studies Curriculum Review
Share your expertise!
Here's your chance to be a part of the collective decision making behind choosing quality Social Studies and Science curriculums for Lighthouse Academies. We need visionary, data driven individuals to review and provide feedback in an effort to:
- Articulate what great Science and Social Studies curriculums entail and what characteristics would get the best results for your students.
- Determine which curriculums will be on the list of recommended curriculum for LHA schools to select from.
- Make sure the curriculums have clear connections between literacy, math and Social Studies and Science.
- Have your voice heard about what your school would like to have in a Social Studies and Science curriculum especially pertaining to technology.
Is It You?
- · A group of 5-6 members representing a cross-section of Lighthouse Academies regions, leadership, content and grade-level expertise (teachers welcome)
- · Thought partners willing to commit to full review and feedback of different curriculums
- · Individuals who can serve as site experts and advocates as the curriculums are introduced across the network
Participating Focus Group members need to commit by February 14th to the following:
- Feb 14- 24: Complete 1-2 hours of independent review. Review rubrics and standards. Become familiar with different curriculums.
- Feb 24 – March 3: Complete 2-3 hours of independent review and provide feedback on a particular curriculum and provide feedback
- March 3-5: Participate in one hour call to review feedback about curriculums
- March 10-12: Participate in one hour final call to decide on list of recommended curriculum for schools to select from.
For More Information...
Email: Naomi Perl
Director of Instructional Resources