October 4, 2019
Congratulations to this week's STING ticket winners!
Morning Arrival Reminders
Thank you for your support in helping our car line run as quickly and efficiently as possible. We are continuously looking for ways to improve this process, and your help is needed with the following reminders:
- Please do not park your car in the car line. We have the elementary and middle school car loops available during morning arrival.
- Students are in the full swing of learning and practicing school procedures, including knowing how to get to their classrooms. We are now asking that parents only use the parking spots if they have items to bring into the office. Parents parking and walking their students across the lot holds up the car line and creates more traffic.
- Drop off at the middle school ends at 7:30. If you arrive after 7:30, you will need to use the GHES car line.
- Please ensure that students exit the vehicles on the side closest to the building. This is for their safety.
- Students who arrive after 7:35 will need to be signed in at the front office.
From the PTO
- Our Read-A-Thon total to date is $52,713.15! We’re halfway through our fundraiser! There’s still plenty of time to support our students! The final class goal is $1,375 in total donations with reading minutes logged by midnight Sunday. All classes reaching this goal will have a special guest reader in class next week. Be sure to read chapters 11 & 12 by Monday and log all minutes read.
- Family Game Night is happening next Friday, October 11th from 5-8pm at GHES. We will have food trucks from Maki Taco, Chappell's Snack Shack, and Scoop N Swirl. Family Bingo and Trivia will begin at 6:15 as well as the Grand Opening of the Book Fair. All Gold Hill families welcome!
- We still need several volunteers for Duty Free Lunch and Staff Birthday Treats NEXT Wednesday, October 9th! We have two shifts for Duty Free Lunch — 10:30-12, and 12-1:15. Please give whatever time you can to give our wonderful teachers a break! Please visit: www.goldhillpto.membershiptoolkit.com and click “volunteers” to sign up and for more information!
District Wide Competition
Parents! Did you know that the district now has an app? The FMSD app provides quick access to tools including the tip line, important school and district information, calendars, Peachjar, menus, and more! You can also "follow" GHES! We need your help. A district-wide competition is starting on September 23rd through October 31st to see which school can get the most parent followers. A prize will be given to the school with the most followers at each level, elementary, middle, and high school. Be sure to download the app today so you can help us out with this competition!
See the video below for more information on how to download the app! Let's go, Gold Hill!