Friday, January 4, 2018
From Mrs. Lewis...
- Please find attached the list of students that completed Boredom Busters over the holiday break. This is quite impressive! Thank you for encouraging our students to go above and beyond to help improve their grades and skills. Don’t forget to use these assignments toward student grades/credit. Extra TLC will be scheduled for winning homerooms on Jan. 11th. Hot Chocolate/Cookies reward on Monday, Jan 7th. Cart to come round!
- Staff meeting Monday, Jan 7th.
- On Tuesday, Jan 8th – Testing Training will be held. Bring manuals.
- As report card grades are due soon, be sure to review your grades. Are the majority of your students failing? What are you doing to ensure students are being held accountable for the work assigned?
- Snowball Dance – January 18th 4 – 6pm (Students with good behavior can attend (No ISS / OSS) and also students that DO NOT OWE Chocolate money.)
- Mid-Year PDPs are due on 11/9/19.
- It is an expectation that grades be submitted on time on January 30th by noon. No exceptions. Report cards go home on February 6th. (No grades lower than a 50 on the report card and there should be a comment for each subject.)
- Please be sure that you are planning and delivering detailed and targeted tutorials during Spartan Time. Documentation should be kept for small group interventions that can be utilized for MTSS.
- Please go ahead and determine goals for the benchmarks. Incentives should be offered to students to encourage their best effort. Students that achieve 60% or better OR improve from their first benchmark will enjoy a Popcorn and Pop party. (PLEASE ANNOUNCE to STUDENTS)
- Best of luck to our Lego League Robotics team for their competition scheduled for 1/12/19
- Clubs Information: ONLY students in the semester long clubs will be allowed to signup for a different club during 2nd semester. Mrs. Tippett will send out the link to be shared during club time on Tuesday. Advisors of semester long clubs, please allow a few minutes on Tuesday for students to select a 2nd semester club. See Mrs. Tippett if you have questions.
- Teachers....please be cautious when allowing students to charge chromebooks in your room. Some teachers have cords strung across their rooms. Not only is this a safety concern for the student, but chromebooks are being pulled onto the floor and broken. Also, chargers are being stepped on and broken. Please have a location on a counter where students can charge their chromebooks. If you need two spare chargers to be assigned you, please ask Ms. Harris.
Teachers, please bring your Testing Manuel to the training on Tuesday, January 8, 2019, during PLC's.
Benchmark Schedule *All Test will be given online*
January 16, 2019, ELA
January 17, 2019 Math/ Math I
January 18, 2019 Science
January 21, 2019 - January 25, 2019, Make Ups
- 2nd Quarter Benchmarks January 16-28, 2019
- NAEP 8th Grade ELA/Math February 4, 2019
- 3rd Quarter Common Assessments February 13-15, 2019
- 3rd Quarter Common Assessments Data due to E. Johnson by February 21, 2019.
- 3rd Quarter Benchmarks: March 20-April 2, 2019
- Spring Writing Assessment Window April 3-9, 2019
- Spring Writing Assessment Window Data Due April 15, 2019
- Mock EOG April 30-May 3, 2019
*** Subject to Change***
- A big thank you to Ms. Locklear, Mrs. Snell, Mrs. Houg, Mr. Hersey, Mrs. Tippett, Mr. Dunham, Mrs. Laws and Mrs. Audrey for helping with the Reflection Ceremony for Aaron.
- Kudos to Mrs. Miller for helping with coverage of Mrs. Griswold’s class on students’ first day back.
January 7 - Required Staff Meeting
January 7 -Hot Chocolate/Cookies reward. Cart to come round!
January 7 - Basketball vs. Hamlet @ HOME
January 8 - CLUBS
January 9- Wacky Wednesday
January 9 - Wrestling @ Carver
January 10 - Basketball @ East Hoke
January 11 - Extra TLC for winning homerooms
- January 16-28 - 2nd Quarter Benchmarks
January 16 - Wrestling @ Sandy Grove
January 17 - Basketball @ Sandy Grove
January 18 - Snowball Dance (all guests wear white)
January 21- MLK Holiday- No School
- February 4, 2019 - NAEP 8th Grade ELA/Math