Summer Staff Weekly Update #6
17.18 Longbranch Elem.
The building is yours again. Please helps us with the following
1. When you come in a door, please make sure it tightly closes behind you. As the building ages, this is less of a sure thing. Please pull it shut.
2. If you have trash, please bag it up and take it out to the dumpster at the end of the time you are here. With a short custodial crew, we cannot grab that for you from the hallway this year. We'lll be back to normal next year.
3. ONLY USE THE TAPE ANGIE RECOMMENDS.
4. The drywall is fragile. The drywall is fragile. The drywall is fragile.
5. Please don't drag your teacher desk across the floor. If you want it moved, please enlist the assistance of the custodial staff.
6. Please be mindful of your decorations. The Freethinkers organization does have a parent in our building and we have had teachers who have been asked to remove religious sayings from their rooms.
7. Please don't block your side window. That is for law enforcement in the event of an emergency.
8. Please don't put anything on top of your cabinets.
9. Please no decorations sitting in the hallways. Our fire marshal doesn't like that.
10. Please, no big carpets. Small carpet squares that are removed from the floor every day are fine.
First Payday: August 25th
Meds Training Can Begin
MEDICATION ADMINISTRATION TRAINING FOR UNLICENSED SCHOOL PERSONNEL ONLINE MODULES
To access KY TRAIN: https://ky.train.org
If you have never taken a course on KY TRAIN, you must first create an account before proceeding.
Once you have begun the selected training module, you may click on “quit” at any time and return to the same training later at a time of your choice.
Before starting the online module, download the Medication Administration Training Manual that also includes the participant’s Study Guide. You may use the answers to the Study Guide to complete the online Final Exam. Upon achieving an 85% or more on the open book final exam, download the certificate of completion and take it to the licensed professional trainer (MD, RN or APRN) to complete the skill competency component.
If the trainer prefers to do face to face training of school personnel, that is up to the district to decide which method is best for their personnel and situation. The final exam may be accessed without taking the online course, however you must be registered and then forward through the online course to access the online final exam.
There are six different online training modules available. Register for the most appropriate one.
Course ID # 1028202: MEDICATION ADMINISTRATION TRAINING FOR UNLICENSED SHOOL PERSONNEL-Regular and ER Medications . This training covers all the information on the administration of regularly scheduled medications and all three emergency medications and is the longest of the training modules.
PLEASE NOTE: IF YOU EXPERIENCE ANY issues with the online training program, contact KY TRAIN: email@example.com or (502) 564-4990
Hey, Hey, Hey! The "Header Team" is ready to get creative!
Want us to do the dirty work? Click here: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c0c49adaa2aa1fc1-hallway
PS: NOT a requirement. You can still do your own. Just a service for those that don't want to.
Comings and Goings (Summer 2017)
When we approve hiring through SBDM I will try to do a good job of letting you know who is being added to our family. Hopefully we don’t lose any (hint…hint) more of you this summer.
1. The council has recommended Tammy Freihofer for her PE Teacher.
2. We posted Tammy's position and Stephanie McDaniel will fill in as a sub until we find a candidate.
3. Fulltime counselor interviews are tonight (Monday).
4. Angie has hired Darrell Cross and Jonathan Chaney to round out her 5-man staff.
5. Team leaders have been recommended (Lori Maddux, Robin Jones, Kathy Molen, Jordan Coyle, Nicki Duell, Brittany Pendleton, Regina Melvin, Chris Bolanos).
6. As a reminder, we will begin the year with Becky Siler subbing for Candace Clayton while she’s on maternity leave.
7. Also as a reminder, Melanie Siler is joining the 2nd grade team.
8. Jenna Sommerkamp is now Jenna Stewart. Congrats!!
9. Nicki Sagastegui is already Nicki Duell. Congrats!!
10. Jordan Coyle will become Jordan Johnson but not until later this fall.
11. Media Specialist interviews are July 24th.
12. Jaime Berryman will be our long term sub in STEAM until our teacher can be hired in September.
I think that’s it!!
School Transformation Day 2017
- Touching up the gray paint
- Changing out the teacher hallway classroom markers
- Moving the Class of banners
- Hanging the student's name plaques
- Setting up staff info stations in your alcoves
- Creating and hanging all the headers for your hallway displays
- Decorating the new featured areas of the school
Sign up to help here. We need a big 'ol crew that day and would love to have you. http://signup.com/go/cGWydZN
Sign Up for Your 17.18 Club
Back to School Agendas
8:30am to 3:30pm
August 14th: Opening Day
8am to 3pm
8-9am: Complete online task (Read handbook/eval procedures/policies/code of ethics/etc. and sign off)
9-9:30am: Office Staff Reminders and Evaluation Review
9:30-10am: PBL Preview
10am-11:30am: Set 17.18 WIGs/Plan WIG Boards
11:30am-noon: Lighthouse Team and Lighthouse Status Update
Afternoon: Work on your own and meds training
Would also be a good time for action teams to touch base.
August 15th: PD Day
8am to 3pm
8-9:30am: PBIS 2.1 with our PBIS team
9:30-12pm: Meditation and Mindfulness with Cathy Sacco
12:30pm-1:00pm: Trauma Informed School Plans
Afternoon: Complete online PD's (PBIS, BBP)
Back to School Dates
August 9: Meet the Teacher Night
August 11: TLIM Year 3 Training
August 14: Opening Day, PBL Preview, and Meds Training
August 15: Morning PD (Mindfulness), Afternoon PD (Required online)
August 16: Opening Day for Students
Curriculum Nights: Week of September 5th. What is our plan? Roundtable like last year? Student led? Back to old format. You guys give me feedback on this.
Assessment/PD/Meeting Calendar for 17.18
This info is also on the Lead Learners site on the front page.
PBLs for 17.18
This info is also on the Lead Learners site on the front page.
Teacher List 17.18
Erin Roach and Candace Clayton--Job share
First Grade Teams
Beth Cahill (ELA/SS) and Linda Myers (Math and Science)
Lauren Ward (ELA/SS) and Robin Jones (Math and Science)
Cindy Wright (ELA/SS) and Theresa Sipple (Math and Science)
Second Grade Teams
Susan Alig (ELA/SS) and Kathy Molen (Math and Science)
Kim Delaney (ELA/SS) and Michele Stevens (Math and Science)
Liz Kidwell (ELA/SS) and Amy Shirden (Math and Science) and Mary Cann (co-teacher)
Melanie Siler (self contained)
Third Grade Teams
Diana Harkins (ELA/SS) and Jordan Coyle (Math and Science)
Ryan Barger (ELA/SS) and Donna Linesch (Math and Science)
Cindy Nelson (ELA/SS) and Pat Lucia (Math and Science)
Fourth Grade Teams
Nicki Sagastegui (ELA) and Cheryl Michels (Math)
Trisha Bremer (ELA) and Sarah Harvey (Math)
Amanda Leatherman (ELA) and Candace Heinze (Math)
All teachers teaching science and social studies.
Michelle Piatt (ELA), Brittany Pendleton (ELA), and Julia Whalen (ELA)
Meredith Larison (Math), Jenna Sommerkamp (Math), and Sami Cadwallader (Math)
All teachers teaching science and social studies. Teachers do not teach in teams.
Chris Bolanos: Complex Needs
Jennie Wagoner: K, 3, 4, and 5
Heather Lawson: K, 3, 4, ad 5
Mary Balles: Complex Needs
Mary Cann: 1 and 2 (coteach with Shirden/Kidwell)
Nitza Fernandez-Plaski: Spanish
Jack Steele: Art
Regina Melvin: Music
Ellen Steele: Reading Intervention
Tammy Freihofer: PE
Melanie Roberts: STC, 1st grade Keyboarding, 2nd grade PBL, 3-4-5 Double Plan STEAM
Unnamed Teacher: STEAM