Northwest Montana Educational Cooperative
GATES RESULTS READY
Book Study: The leadership book study-Dare to Lead, by Brene' Brown is now on PIR Net (#8100). Please register by Feb. 15th!
- Music: Our final music curriculum meeting will be on Tues. Feb. 5th from 8:30-3:30. We will be focusing on assessment, classroom management, and sharing best practices.
- Science: Registration for the Kirk Robbins April training is open to all teachers in Co-op schools through February 22nd. Please make sure that if you register, you are committed to coming, as space is limited. If you need to unregister, please call the Co-op. Register here: http://bit.ly/2TAqJU4. Registration will be open to non co-op schools after Feb. 22nd.
- Health Enhancement: Another PIR opportunity is coming. It will be held on Sat. April 6th. Location and more info. to follow.
- Social Studies: At our Jan. 29th meeting, we had a great presentation by Jen Hall from Eureka about all that the Montana Historical Society has to offer. We also had a conference call with OPI curriculum specialist Colet Bartow regarding the direction they are headed with standards development. We learned that the plan is for the standards work to be completed and adopted by the Board of Public Ed by September of 2020. After much discussion, the committee would prefer to hold off until the 2020-2021 school year to complete our curriculum review for social studies. We will still continue collaborating and learning during the 2019-2020 school year so that we are prepared to work with the new standards when they are released.
- Watershed Training: There is a great yearlong opportunity for 12 educators from the area for next year. It is called Watershed through the Seasons. See below for more information. Applications are being accepted from Feb. 15th-Mar. 1st.
Contact Info: Co-op (406-752-3302); Cell (406-871-1775); email
JUST A REMINDER...
NW MT Educational Cooperative
1203 Hwy. 2, West
Kalispell, MT . 59901