Terrace Hills Library
Fall 2019 Newsletter
From your librarian
Dear Terrace Hills Middle School Community,
I would like to share with you some information and update you on upcoming events.
The library is open every school day from 7:30 am to 3:30 pm.
Changes to regular hours may be posted in advance at the library doors.
- Schedule: The library is on a fixed/flexible schedule with ELAR teachers. Classes come in every 3 weeks. Other content areas may contact me to schedule their class.
- Circulation: Students may check out up to 3 books for a 3 week period. Teachers have unlimited check out privileges and are not charged fines.
- Overdues and fines: Notices for overdue books and library fines will be given to the ELAR teachers. The fine for each overdue book is 10 cents per school day.
- Materials: Videos, DVDs, and teacher magazines are available in the Teachers Materials Center.
- Ellison Machine: The library owns an Ellison Die Cut Machine and has several dies including 2 sets of numbers and letters. Other dies include various holidays, sports, flowers, and other school related patterns.
- Computers: There are 8 computers for students to use. These are to be used to locate library materials and for research.
- Restrooms: Students should ask permission to use the restrooms in the library and must sign-in.
- Games: Jenga, checkers, and other games are available for students to use in the morning, lunch or after school.
Students are invited to unleash their creativity in our Makerspace corner. Each month we will have a different topic.
September - Origami
October - Make and Take Duct Tape
November and December - Arts and Crafts
Upcoming Events & Activities
- Book Club
- Sweet Time in the Library
- Book Character Pumpkin Decorating Contest
- Family Reading Night
- Christmas Ornament Decorating Contest
- Family Movie Night