News you can Use
See what's STATpening
PAPER & PENCIL April 25, 2016 – May 27, 2016
ONLINE April 25, 2016 – June 6, 2016
Digital Content and Databases
When you click on the orange question mark above each icon, you will find the direct linking directions AND the Lexile level for the site.
America the Beautiful:
- database that supports Social Studies and focuses on the United States
- can click into different states to learn more about it
- famous Americans are also represented (biographies!)
BrainPop and BrainPop Jr.
- Mapping feature in BrainPop
- Kids Edition;
- added infographics for fast information about the country
- listen icon so students can have access to the read aloud feature
- Interviews with people from different countries
- Streaming Plus: choose videos
- Direct link to lesson tiles by clicking on- ...- click 'Share'- copy Link - paste into Lesson Tiles
- Virtual Labs for Science
- Collections of non-fiction topics K-5 resrouces
- Transcripts appear next to the video (think different learning styles)
- Discussion activities (collaboration activities after watching videos)
- Filter and narrow by grade, subject, media type to find content for a specific topic or keyword
- It will open in a NetTrekker frame
- Videos now have direct QR codes to videos or segments
- Non-fiction books students can scroll through
World Book Kids
- Will translate text into many, many languages
Recruiting for Class Flow
I would LOVE a group of 3 or 4 teachers would like to get familiar with Classflow. I'm just still learning it myself, but if we form a PLC we can learn more together and integrate it into lessons.
Symbaloo for Research Projects
If your class will be doing research (biographies, countries etc), let me know how I can help create a Symbaloo with links to different resources.
Have you heard of EdCAMP?
EdCamp is an unconference; where sessions on educational topics are developed by the participants the day of the event. EdCampBCPS is a voluntary, organic, participant-driven professional learning experience. Check out the attachments for more information and for registration information.