Talbot County Public Schools
Superintendent's Update | December 3, 2021 | #14
December 15: Board of Education Meeting FY23 Budget Presentation
December 22: Early Dismissal
December 23-31: Winter Break
January 19: Public Budget Hearing and Board of Education Meeting
TCPS STUDENTS PERFORM AT FESTIVAL OF TREES!
TCPS Students Create Ornaments for the Talbot Goes Purple Holiday Tree!
2022-23 PROPOSED SCHOOL CALENDAR
TCPS presented a draft calendar for the 2022-23 school year at the November Board of Education meeting. TCPS Administration is taking feedback on the proposed calendar until December 8, 2021. Use the following link to view the proposed calendar and leave feedback: https://tcpsforms.org/view.php?id=50453
The 2022-2023 calendar models the approved 2021-2022 calendar with the following key points:
- The first day of school for all students is August 29, 2022. All teachers report on August 18.
- November 8 – Election Day. All schools will be open except Easton High and St. Michaels Middle High. Those buildings will be closed for students, and there will be virtual learning for EHS and SMMHS students ONLY.
- Four inclement weather days are built into the calendar.
- If all of the inclement weather days are used, the last day of school for students will be June 13 and the last day for staff will be June 14. If none of the inclement weather days are used, the last day for students will be June 8 and staff will finish on June 9.
- January 20 (Transition Day) and February 20 (President’s Day) are potential make-up days for inclement weather. In order to use President’s Day in this way, TCPS would need to obtain a waiver from the Maryland State Department of Education.
- Based on prior feedback, the draft calendar reflects continuing the full week Spring Break from April 3 – April 10.
- St. Michaels Middle High School Graduation will take place on May 31, 2023. Easton High Graduation will be on June 1, 2023.
“Comments from our community in the coming weeks will be taken into consideration, and the final calendar will be presented to the Board of Education for their approval at their December 15 meeting,” said Dr. Helga Einhorn, Assistant Superintendent for Curriculum and Instruction.
SUPPORT THE TCPS EDUCATION FOUNDATION'S TEACHER GRANT PROGRAM!
As we celebrate the season of giving, we are thankful for our community's support of Talbot County children through contributions to the TCPS Education Foundation. Take a few moments and watch this video to learn about some of the projects the Education Foundation has funded. We invite you to use this link to make a donation to our Teacher Grant Program: https://tcpsforms.org/view.php?id=52454
Together we will ensure that Talbot County students and teachers have the best resources that our community can provide.
DECEMBER APPLEBEES SUPPORT STAFF AWARD
COVID Vaccine Clinics for Ages 5-11
Upcoming COVID Vaccine Clinics for children 5-11 years old! Appointments are available! Sign up for an appointment by clicking the links below.
The TCHD COVID call center is available at 410-819-5641 for assistance signing up.
A child may come anytime between 10-6 for their appointment but should expect after-school hours to possibly be busier.
Friday 12/3/21 10:00am-6:00pm -- Talbot County Vaccine Center, 102 Marlboro Ave, Easton, MD
Thursday 12/9/2021 10:00am-6:00pm -- Talbot County Vaccine Center, 102 Marlboro Ave, Easton, MD
Friday 12/10/21 10:00am-6:00pm -- Talbot County Vaccine Center, 102 Marlboro Ave, Easton, MD
Thursday 12/16/2021 10:00am-6:00pm -- Talbot County Vaccine Center, 102 Marlboro Ave, Easton, MD
Friday 12/17/21 10:00am-6:00pm -- Talbot County Vaccine Center, 102 Marlboro Ave, Easton, MD
Upcoming MOBILE COVID Vaccine Clinics!
Tuesday Dec 7th @ St. Michaels Elementary (2nd dose on 1/3/22)
Friday Dec 10th @ White Marsh (2nd dose on 1/4/22)
Friday Dec 10th @ the Country School (2nd dose on 1/4/22)
Friday Dec 17th @ Easton Middle (2nd dose on 1/7/22)
Friday Dec 17th @ Chapel Elementary (2nd dose on 1/7/22)
Clinics are scheduled from 3pm-6pm
TALBOT COUNTY COVID-19 VACCINE CLINICS
COVID-19 Vaccine Clinics are every Wednesday from 10 AM to 6 PM
102 S Marlboro Ave
Easton, MD 21601
Pfizer, Moderna and Johnson and Johnson available! 1st, 2nd, 3rd and booster doses given every day!
WALK INS ARE WELCOME
Please call 410-819-5641 for assistance
COVID-19 Testing: Monday -Friday from 9 AM to 2:30 PM
Talbot Business Center
900 Glebe Rd
Easton, MD 21601
Call: 410-819-5632 to Schedule
Bring your card if you have Health Insurance
Drive-up and stay in your car.
TCPS JOB OPENINGS!
Bullying and cyberbullying, harassment and intimidation, hazing, and/or bias behaviors are unsafe behaviors that do not reflect respect for others as defined by Policy 10.16 on STUDENT CONDUCT – BULLYING, HARASSMENT OR INTIMIDATION . If a student is a target of one of these behaviors, you can report it using the Bullying, Harassment, or Intimidation Reporting Form (linked below).
The form is also available at all schools, in the main office and the school’s counseling office. Students can also report issues directly to a staff member. When a situation that involves any of these behaviors is reported, staff members will respond quickly and will provide a practical, private, and safe place to report.
Click the link below to view the proposed TCPS 2022-23 Calendar and leave feedback. The survey results will be presented to the Board of Education at the December 15th Meeting.