- Recommended amount varies based on age, gender, and level of exercise.
- Helps the body repair itself
- Found in both animals in plants
- Also contains Amino Acids-Body can't produce 9 of them.
- Complete Protein- Contains every acid.
- Incomplete Protein-Contain only a small amount of protein.
Meat has a lot of Iron in it. Iron is used as a carrier of oxygen.
Poultry helps keep cholesterol levels low. Cholesterol digests fat and Vitamin D.
Beans & Peas
Beans & peas are a good source of Vitamin B, Vitamin E, Iron, Zinc and Magnesium. These all promote muscle health.
Nuts & Seeds
Nuts & seeds are a good source of calories and helps take the place of sodium intakes.
GMO Soy Products
Soy contains protein, isoflavones, and fiber. These help promote muscle health.
Seafood prevents heart disease. 'Nuff said.