Jk2's October News
Look What we Did in September!
We'll miss you Mrs. Page!
Alexandra, Isabella and Ethan were exploring the parts of an apple
We talked all about Johnny Appleseed and created our own Johnny Appleseed hats
Quin is using apples to create an apple stamp picture
Yunes and Tate are working at academic centers
Lily completed a dragon book to help practice her color sight words
Isabella used uppercase and lowercase D stamps to make a collage
Looking Ahead to October!
- Fire truck visit/fire safety- talk about fire safety (9-1-1, stop drop and roll, fire drills, smoke detectors) We will also have a visit from Black Rock fire company.
- Insects- We will talk about the three parts of an insect (head, throax and abdomen). We will talk about grasshoppers, squirrels and ants.
- Halloween- We will be talking about bats, pumpkins and other spooky fun things!
- Shapes- We will begin talking about the different shapes.
- We are looking forward to our Halloween parties and parade. Don't forget about our Fall Festival!
10/10- No School (Columbus Day)
10/21- Fire Truck visits
10/28- Classroom party (2:00) - Halloween Parade (2:30)
10/28- Fall Fest (6:00-8:30 pm)
Things to work on at home!
- Writing names with uppercase and lowercase letters
- identifying and writing A-E
- Identifying and writing numbers 1-10
- Color sight words: orange, black, grey, red, yellow, green, blue, white, brown, purple, pink