Mac El Weekly News
February 10, 2023
Message from the Principal
Mark your Calendar
- Jan. 30 - Feb. 10 - Student Council Collection for Nursing Home Residents
- Feb. 11 - Brave Generation - Circle the State with Song
- Feb. 13 - 17 - American Heart Association Kids Heart Challenge
- Feb. 16 - "President Lincoln" visits 4th grade
- Feb 16 - Family Movie Night (5:30 - 7:30 pm)
- Feb. 20 - No School - President's Day
IREAD Testing (2nd & 3rd grade)
Testing for IREAD is in less than one month. Please note the testing schedule to plan appointments accordingly, as students will not be permitted to enter or leave during testing.
Student Council Events
- If the visitor is not the parent or primary guardian, parents must contact the school by phone or a note to give permission. Please include the individual's name who will be coming. Visitors will not be permitted without prior parental permission.
- All visitors must have a photo ID with them to be processed through our RAPTOR system.
- Visitors are only permitted to eat lunch with their child, no other children are permitted to join.
- Lunch will be at the tables in the front hallway.
Thank you for following these guidelines.
Energy Assistance Program Information
Anyone may contact Area Five for assistance with the homeowners-and-renters/low-income-home-energy-assistance program. https://www.in.gov/ihcda/homeowners-and-renters/low-income-home-energy-assistance-program-liheap/
Mobile Food Pantry
See below for information regarding the Mobile Food Pantry
Braves of the Week
2nd Grade: Paige Kimble
Paige is an excellent student that always tries her best. She has made some amazing academic gains this school year with lots of hard work and determination. We love her big imagination and creativity. Congratulations Paige! We are all so proud of you! Keep up the good work. Miss Nantroup
3rd Grade: Jayceeon Sims
Jayceeon is a very hardworking BRAVE. He comes to school everyday with a smile on his face. He is always willing to help his classmates inside and outside of the classroom. He is doing an awesome job in math at finding the perimeter of shapes. I appreciate his hard work every single day. He truly is a role model BRAVE. I really enjoy having Jayceeon in class, even though he always tricks me and never actually gives me a high five! -Mrs. Piercy
4th Grade: Ellie Chilcutt
Ellie is a sweet young lady who is always ready to help. She is organized and thoughtful and she offers help when others need it. She works hard and is great about asking for clarification when she’s learning a new skill. She is very motivated and has been working hard on her science project. Ellie is a joy to have in class!
Contact Information Update
Please be sure to update Skyward with any phone or address changes. If you are unable to update through Skyward, please contact the front office and we will assist you. It is important to have updated phone numbers for emergency contact and school messenger communication. Thank you!
When calling in your student's absence, please give the reason they are absent. As attendance is required by the state, it needs to be documented. Also, after five (5) absences by a call-in, a doctor's note is required for a future absence to be excused. Thank you for your efforts to get your student to school, as good attendance is vital to student success.
Threat and Bullying Reporting Information
Below is the link to the Threat and Bullying Report Form. This form is also accessible on the Maconaquah School Corporation Website under Safe School Zone.