By Audrey Dreifurst
Reporting The Crime
- You should call 911 or go to the emergency room and report it to a nurse or doctor.
- There is no limit on low long you can wait to report the crime, but it is better to do it right away to have a successful arrest and prosecution.
- You can report a rape even if you are not physically injured.
- 44% of victims are under age 18
- 80% of victims are under age 30
Effects of Sexual Assult
Reducing the Risk
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Stay away from isolated areas or being isolated with someone you don't trust or don't know.
- Always keep your cell phone charged and with you.
- Don't leave your drink unattended.
- Travel in pairs.
- Get medical attention and have a forensics examination.
- Take care of yourself physically and emotionally.