Looking Ahead - One day and one month
What is On The Calendar
November 16 - 20 - No mandated meetings expect IEP and 504
November 16 Turn in United Way form
Volleyball/Soccer @ BCMS
November 17 Wrestling - YC@SW
November 18 Brief Faculty Meeting as soon as buses depart
4:00 - KIA Car Drawing for Mr. Thomas @ Stuart Cramer
Volleyball/Soccer - Grier @ SW
November 19 Volleyball/Soccer- YC@SW
November 20 Wrestling - Grier@SW
November 23 SIT- 3:30 - Crowder's room
November 24 Wrestling SW@BCMS
December 1 Volleyball/Soccer SW@Holbrook
December 2 Wrestling - Chavis @ SW
December 3 INTERIMS GO HOME
December 4 Wrestling SW@ Holbrook
December 7 PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT - Literacy - During planning - Library
Volleyball/Soccer -Chavis @SW
December 8 Leadership Team Meeting - Library 3:30
Wrestling - Stanley@SW
December 10 I did not write on calendar which sport - Belmont@SW
December 11 Faculty Meeting during planning
December 12 Gaston County Wrestling Tournament
December 14-17 Faculty Treats By Grade Levels and Departments
December 14 Volleyball/Soccer Playoffs
December 15 SIT 3:30 - Crowder's Room
Chorus Concert 6:30 - Hunter Huss auditorium
December 16 PBIS Reward Day- Belmont Abbey, Bingo and BelAire Nursing Home
December 17 Volleyball/Soccer Championship
December 18 STAR MATH AND READING - LAST DAY TO TAKE
****Snowball Sling - during electives
December 21 Optional Teacher Workday - Not an option if you have no annual
December 22 Annual Leave
December 23 Annual Leave
December 24-25 Holiday
December 28-31 Annual Leave
January 1 Holiday
Still to be scheduled -
Band Concert (waiting on Huss to confirm date. Probably last week before break). December Dance - waiting on band concert to be confirmed.
*** Snowball Sling is a student vs student vs faculty dodgeball tournament during electives. Students pay a small fee to play. They are assigned to teams and challenge one another. Faculty play their grade level during their planning period. DOES ANYONE WANT TO COORDINATE FACULTY SHIRTS AGAIN THIS YEAR?
Low Performing School Status
1. Increase proficiency to 56 percent. Includes : 6-8 ELA, Reading, Math 1 and 8th Science.
2. Exceed Growth
We have the ability to do both of these things. But it takes all of us.
These are the new measures in place to help us move their faster -
1. Targeted reading with targeted students with M. McCarey - has been in place since Sept.
2. Compass Learning -students work on their level for intervention. - started Oct.
3. Elective teachers/support staff working with targeted students to increase confidence level in struggling math students 4 days a week during Advisory. - started November 12
4. Math Support teachers working with math teachers to aid in finding resources, planning lessons, modeling, co-teaching, etc. - started November 2-ish
5. Purchase low level books for classroom libraries in ELA rooms to get a broader spectrum of books for lowest level readers - to arrive by early December
6. Professional Development - Close Reading strategies for all teachers by curriculum facilitators - December 7 library during planning
7. Science Professional Development with Tammy Mims for Science teachers - November 10 and in January 2016
8. An additional chromecart to be purchased for each 4 man team - arrived an installed by January
9. Remediation TA to be hired to pull students during electives (who have parent permission) to work on skills during electives. It will be a course of theirs. - As soon as job is posted, funding in our account and person hired.
10. Tutoring by high performing teachers - Second semester
Change of the Week
We are looking to hire a math teacher for the 6th grade team.