November 23, 2020
Dear King Families
I want to take this opportunity during this Thanksgiving week to show my gratitude by thanking you all for your patience and support as we navigate the changing guidelines for the return to school plan and work together to ensure the health and safety of our King community members.
I am also so very grateful for and proud of our teachers and staff as their commitment to provide your children with engaging and rich instruction and support has never waned. How lucky we are to have such passionate and talented educators at King!
This week's King Connections includes:
* Link to the FPS Return Plan Update
* Roary's Latest PAWSitive News
* Giving Tuesday
* Thanksgiving Meal Assistance
* Follett Book Fair!
* Joining PTO
* Link to FPS Travel Advisory
* FPS Parent/Guardian Covid Commitment Form
* Grab and Go Food Distribution
* November's Character Education Theme: Gratitude
Have a happy and safe Thanksgiving,
Please be sure to utilize the district tech website if you are having any tech issues.
Please note: The district has created this "Return to Learn" page that includes timely planning updates and resources for families.
This week we take time to give thanks for health, happiness, and our wonderful King Community. What better way to thank our Administation, Teachers, and Staff than with a donation to our #GivingTuesday Campaign. Friends, family, and community members can support our children through a PTO donation made at give.kingpto.com or by mailing a check to King School PTO c/0 King Elementary School 454 Water St Framingham, MA 01701. This year we are lucky enough to have Avidia Bank as a corporate match partner!
Follett Book Fair - Ends Friday!
With the holidays quickly approaching and shopping underway the Folloett Book Fair is the perfect opportunity to snag your kids the greatest gift... a book! Looking for a way to show your teacher some thanks this Thanksgiving? How about purchasing a book for their classroom off their Follett wish list! Book fair ends Friday, be sure to make your selections before then! For more information visit the PTO Book Fair page at bookfair.kingpto.com
ParentTeacherOrganization Join our WebSite
Do you want to be able to connect with other parents in your child's classroom? Are you interested in volunteering at a PTO event? Do you want to buy tickets or register for PTO Events? If you answered yes to any of these questions, then visit http://www.kingpto.com today and join the school directory!
Any questions emails email@example.com
Here is a link that may be helpful to keep up with which states are allowable for travel at a given time.
COVID Commitment Form
GRAB-AND-GO MEAL PICK-UP EXPANDS FROM FOUR SITES TO ALL FRAMINGHAM PUBLIC SCHOOLS! Click HERE for More Information!
November's Character Education Theme of the Month is Gratitude
Definition: Feeling of appreciation or being thankful
“I” Statement: I reflect on the people, places, and things that I appreciate.
1.Why is it important to stop and reflect on what we are thankful for?
2. Who are the people in your life that you are thankful for? Why?
3. What are some different ways to express gratitude?
4.When someone tells you “thank you” or shows gratitude, how does it make you feel?
Read-Alouds about Gratitude:
- Gracias/ Thanks: Rosi Amador (Spanish/English)
- Thankful: Eileen Spinelli
- My Gratitude Jar: Written and Narrated by Kristin Wiens
- The Most Thankful Thing: Lisa McCourt
- The Very Fairy Princess: Attitude of Gratitude : Julie Andrews & Emma Walton Hamilton
- Thank You Letters: Jane Cabrera
- Thank You Omu: Oge Mora
Some Other Titles:Thanks A Million: Nikki Grimes
Uncle Willy & The Soup Kitchen: Dyanne Disalvo-Ryan
Beatrice's Goat: Page McBrier
Dates to Remember
- 25th - Half Day: Dismissal at 12:20pm- No Lunch
- 26th- 27th - No School: Thanksgiving Recess
- 2nd- PTO Meeting- 7:00pm-8:00pm
- 3rd- Early Release- PD
- 8th- School Council- 6:00pm-7:00pm
- 10th- Early Release- Parent Conferences
- 17th- Early Release- Parent Conferences
- 24th-Jan. 1- No School: Winter Recess
King School Hours
School Hours 9:05am - 3:20pm
Early Release Days
- Students are dismissed at 12:55pm.
- Lunch IS served.
- Early Release Thursdays: 9/18/20, 12/3/20, 12/10/20, 12/17/20, 1/7/21, 1/14/21, 3/11/21, 4/29/21, 5/6/21, 5/13/21, 5/20/21, 5/27/21
- Students are dismissed at 12:00pm.
- Lunch IS NOT served.
- Half Days: 11/25 and the last day of school.