Technology Tips & Strategies
Lisa Queen, Physical Education Teacher, Lakeshore Elementary
What excites you about integrating technology in your classroom?
Nominate a Teacher For Spotlight
Educreations is an interactive whiteboard and screencasting tool that's easy to use. Annotate, animate, and narrate your content as you explain any concept. You can create short instructional videos and share them with students, or ask students to show what they know and help friends learn something new.
For both iPad and MacBook, Educreations has both free and paid versions. With the free version you can...
Record & share lessons
Use basic whiteboard tools
Create & join classes
Save 1 draft at a time
Have up to 50MB of storage space
Canvas, Digital Learning Competencies, & SAMR
How does Canvas allow teachers and administrators to align and apply to the Digital Learning Competencies and SAMR? What features in Canvas allow you and your students to illustrate the DLCs and SAMR?
SAMR Rubric applied to Canvas Feature -- For Administrators
SAMR Rubric applied to Canvas Feature - For Teachers
Growing with Canvas
Canvas Tip of the Week
Here are the archives of the Canvas Tips of the Week:
Got a tip, suggestion, hack, solution. Share it with us. We will feature it an upcoming Tip of the Week and for each tip, you will receive your Canvas Tipper badge.
Tell us your Tip Story.
Copyright, Fair Use, and Creative Commons
- Examine this infographic about Copyright. Click on the image when it opens to zoom in.
- Need the perfect graphic? Here are our top five sites to find high quality images for instructional purposes: Unsplash, Pixabay, Visual Hunt, Flickr Creative Commons, and Wikimedia Commons. Check out this table of other alternatives for finding quality graphics other than conducting a Google search.
- What is the anatomy of properly attributing Creative Commons licensed graphics? Check this slide deck out.
- Check out this Teaching Copyright Resources.
- Here is a complete Livebinder of resources, tips, and strategies for modeling digital responsibility through understanding copyright and fair use.
How does copyright, fair use, and the creative commons align to Digital Learning Competencies?
Digital Citizenship illustrates that teachers will model and teach digital citizenship by the ethical, respectful, and safe use of digital tools and resources that support the creation of a positive digital school culture. There are two indicators that will ensure that teachers demonstrate this competency:
- Demonstrate understanding of intellectual property rights by abiding by copyright law, intellectual property, and fair use guidelines. Use the myriad of graphic resources to demonstrate that you not only know how to find copyright friendly resources but you also know how to use those resource appropriately.
- Teach and require the use of copyright law and fair use in student work and creation. Use the Teaching Resources above to teacher students how to be digital responsibility. In every unit that requires a multimedia presentation or project, require that your students use digital media responsibly. Also, explore some of these resources about teaching copyright: The Right Stuff, Copyrights and Wrongs (9-12), and 4 Great Lesson Plans on Copyright.