How to become a U.S citizen?
Step 1-Who is Eligible
- Be 18 or older
- Good moral character
- Lawful permanent resident of US.
Step 2-Completing your application
- 2 photographs of yourself
- Complete Form N-400
- Collects necessary documents
- Send your application, documents and fee($320 application fee/$70 biometrics)
Step 3- Getting Fingerprint
- Receive an appointment letter from the USCIS.
- Go to the fingerprint location.
- Get your fingerprints taken.
- Mail additional documents if requested.
Step 4- Being Interviewed and Tested
- Receive an appointment for your interview.
- Go to your local office at the specified time.
- Bring identification.
- Answer questions about your application and your background.
- Take the English and civics tests.
- Receive a decision.
Step 5- Taking Oath of Allegiance
- Receive a ceremony date.
- Check in at the ceremony.
- Return your Permanent Resident Card.
- Answer questions about what you have been doing since your interview.
- Take the oath of allegiance.