6th Grade Outdoor Education
October 23, 2022
The trip is on!
What do students do on Monday Morning?
6th Grade Students going to Outdoor Ed:
All students and adults should bring a reusable Water Bottle with them and have a day/backpack and Lunch to bring on the bus with them.
1. Drop off Luggage off near the stairs by the flagpole - NEW INFORMATION
Suitcases, duffle bags it doesn't make a difference. Please Label the bag.
2. If you have medication, bring to the Medication Table inside the gates near the flagpole
Please have a large zip lock bag labeled with your child's name
3. Students should have a day/backpack and a bag lunch that can be thrown away.
Please label the pack and lunch.
4. Students should arrive so they are not late to Advisory Class, late bell rings at 8:40am
5. Advisory teachers - take attendance - Please wait in Advisory until an announcement is made.
The plan is to:
6. Load Buses at 8:50am
7.Depart by 9:00 am.
We do not have control of when buses arrive and leave.
Returning on Friday 10/28. The Bus Pick-up is at 1:00pm, It is approx 1hr 40 min, Arrival will be = 3:00pm-ish
What's happening at BIS during the trips?
6th grade students staying at school next week:
Students that are not going to camp next week will go to their classes, as usual. If your child's teacher is on the trip, students will either have a guest teacher or be sent to another teacher's class for the period. Instruction continues for students that remain at BIS.
Students on the trip will not be responsible for any missing work while at Outdoor Education.
Ready, Set, Here we go!!!
Below is a suggested packing list for Students and Chaperones.
Please mark EVERYTHING with your child's name, including their luggage. Please have your child pack themselves, you can help, but they need to know what they arrived with so they know what to pack to come home.
We are very excited that we will be able to send our students to Alliance Redwoods, and they are excited to meet our students.
- Please note that unless you have a special diet, please do not bring any food to ODE. No one will go hungry. If you need to bring special food, it will be kept in the office, not in the rooms. All special meals need to be pre-ordered.
Please do pack a bag lunch for Monday only. All other meals are included for the week. (No reusables please.)
- If you are bringing medication, all medication will need to be in its original packaging with the medical form filled out and signed by your doctor. Please put medication in a large ziplock bag with your child's name written on it. Please turn this in
separately on Monday morning. There will be a table out front with staff there to collect all the medication.
If you have not yet registered your child at the Alliance Redwoods link, please do it TODAY! See below.
If you still have not registered your child for the October trip, Please do so NOW!
October Link for Alliance Redwoods
All parents/guardians must register their students using the following camp registration link. Please do this first! You MUST complete this step before moving on to the next step.
Step 1: Click on this link.
Step 2: Create an account. An authentication/verification link will be sent to your email.
Step 3: Open your email and follow the link. Finish setting up your account, then begin registration.
Step 4: Please complete required fields and sign electronically (paperless process).
All guests must register using this plan.camp registration link; https://tinyurl.com/15223BurlingameIntermediateG2 . This link includes emergency contact information and our medical and liability waiver forms.