Springhill Standing OUT
Springhill Elementary Family Newsletter
Week of October 4th, 2021
October 8th: Spirit Day
October 13th: End of 1st 9 Weeks
October 14th: Virtual Awards Ceremony
October 15th: Fall Picture Day!
October 18th: 1st Grade Field Trip to Pumpkin Patch
October 19th: Early dismissal @ 1:30
October 21st: Early dismissal @ 1:30/Parent Teacher Conferences
October 23rd: Fall Festival Coronation
October 25th: Kindergarten Field Trip to Pumpkin Patch
October 25th: Flu Clinic
October 28th: 5th Grade Field Trip
November 1st: No School for Students
November 8-12: Interim Testing for 3rd-5th Grades
Stand Out Spotlight
First Grade "hooked" students into compound words!
4th Graders had discussion using the fishbowl strategy!
Coach Moseley goes the "extra mile" in Running Club.
Springhill StandOUT - Mrs. Berley!
Mrs. McLarty passed the StandOUT award to Mrs. Berley this week!
“I would like to pass the Standout Award to someone whose love for their students shines through everyday! This person truly does whatever it takes to connect with and teach her students. Her kind nature and excitement for teaching has been an inspiration to me since coming to Springhill, and I am so grateful that I have gotten to learn from her and alongside her. This week I’d like to pass the Standout Award to Mrs. Berley!”
Family Engagement Packets went home last week. If you wish to participate as a virtual guest speaker, volunteer in other capacities, and have read over our family engagement plan, please complete this form.
I can hardly believe it”s OCTOBER already! October is National Bullying Prevention Month and we will also celebrate Red Ribbon Week the last week of October to promote our wonderful Springhill students living a drug free life always!! Our character word(s) for October are ACCOUNTABLE and RESPONSIBILITY. These two words are so important I feel when it comes to bullying prevention and living responsibly. This week, I will be having lessons with 3rd, 4th and 5th graders and our lesson focus will be about bullying prevention. Also, this Friday will be our 2nd Spirit Day of the year. Looking forward to celebrating our students of the month from September who will be recognized for being FLEXIBLE THINKERS!! Hope everyone has a fantastic week! Don’t hesitate to call or email me with any questions or concerns.
- The updated school calendar for the 2021-22 school year can be found here.
- Drop off begins at 7:30 a.m. and pick up will begin at 3:20 p.m. Please remember to pull up as close as possible to the car in front of you. This allows us to load and unload eight students at a time and helps keep our traffic line moving quickly.
- Instruction begins at 7:45 a.m. Students are counted tardy after 7:50 a.m. The first 30 minutes of the school day is an essential time for personalized learning to occur for all students. The best way you can help your child academically is to get them to school on time.
- Students must be fever free for 48 hours prior to returning to school.
- Every student has one free breakfast and lunch per day if they choose. Links to school menus can be found above.
- You are invited to eat with your child in our outdoor picnic area adjacent to the front office. Come in, sign them out, and enjoy the cooler weather that is coming very soon!