Google Drive: Sharing Documents
Sharing and Collaborating in Google Drive
Students will learn how to share files in Google Docs for collaboration and assignment submission.
Collaboration: Working with each other to do a task and to achieve shared goals.
File Sharing: The practice of or ability to transmit files from one computer to another over a network or the Internet.
Google Drive and Docs - Sharing and Collaborating:
Google Drive makes sharing your files easy. Google Docs allows multiple people to edit the same file at the same time.
In this lesson, you will learn how to share your files with different groups of people and how to use the various collaboration tools available in Google Docs.
Watch the video below to learn how to share your files in Google Drive:
How do I share files in Google Drive?
Follow these steps to share a folder in Google Drive:
- In Google Drive locate the file you wish to share
- Click on the file and open it.
- Locate the Share button on the top right hand side.
- Click Share
- Under the area titled Invite People, type in the email addresses of the people you would like to share with.
- Click Share and Save.
- Share a document with a partner.
- Once you have successfully shared the file, have your partner open the document on their computer and enter some text.
- You should see each other typing.
- Begin to write a short story of any topic with your partner. The short story should be at least 250 words.