Last Week @ OHS
May 31, 2020
Attention Weekly Readers :0)
This will be our last weekly newsletter for the school year. Thank you to those of you who read this information, share it with others, and for your support throughout the year. While this hasn't been the easiest end of the year, we still made it. The staff and I have missed your students' faces, e v e r y s i n g l e d a y! While we are unsure of what our August may look like, please know that we will be communicating anything and everything as soon as we know it.
Please stay safe over the summer!! Stay tuned to our website and facebook page for graduation and re-opening announcements (once we get closer).
I'm indeed the proud principal of Oasis High School, and am honored to continue to serve you in this role. GO SHARKS!!!
Much love and respect - Dr. Christina M. Britton
Important End of Year Dates!
June 1: Collection of materials - FRESHMEN - 8-11am
June 2: Collection of materials, SOPHOMORES - 8-11am
June 3: Collection of materials, JUNIORS - 8-11am
June 3: evening collection hours: all grades, 4-6:30pm
June 3rd is the official "last day of school" for underclassmen.
Directions for Equipment Collection
- Cars will enter through the main gate at OHS and proceed around the back of the gym, up beside the cafeteria, and then will stop in front of the main office. Cars will stay in a single file line.
- Please note that distribution will all be completed utilizing a drive-through method at Oasis High School. Students/parents will not exit the car.
- Bring all books, uniforms, CHROMEBOOKS AND CHARGERS at one time. If you have students in multiple grade levels, you may bring everything at one time.
- As you proceed to the check out point, please open the Chromebook and turn it on so that we may inspect the screen and make sure it is able to power on. Uncharged chromebooks will slow down the process as we will have to go in and plug in the chromebook for inspection.
Update on Prom...
We have made the decision to cancel the junior/senior prom at Sanibel Harbor. Sanibel Harbor has made every effort to work with OHS, but given their requirements for seating, room set-up, social distancing, and safety of staff and students, our prom cannot be accomodated. We will start working on refunds, please be patient as it is not a speedy process.
But there is good news for our Seniors :)
The City / Mayor of Cape Coral has decided to hold sponsor a prom event for Class of 2020 graduates, one night for each of the Cape Coral high Schools. This city-sponsored prom will be held on Sunday, July 26th from 7pm-10pm at the Westin in Cape Coral.
- Only eligible seniors (graduates) / Class of 2020 will be attending (along with their guest)
- There will be an online registration process.
- Students' temperatures will be taken at the door.
- Masks will be available.
- Food / light appetizers will be served.
- There will be considerable city EMS and police presence.
- Social distancing encouraged.
- DJ provided
- Chaperones will be provided by local community sponsors.
- This is not an OHS sponsored event. It's an event that the OHS Class of 2020 can attend.
Thank you to Mayor Joe Coviello, the City of Cape Coral, the Westin, and local sponsors for offering this opportunity!
Yearbook Delivery Has Been Delayed - We will update you when we know more!
REQUEST TRANSPORTATION FOR THE 2020-2021 SCHOOL YEAR!! Complete the form @ the link below!
A Note about Dress Code:
The 20-21 school year will serve as a transition year. Please view the guideline at the top of the linked page.