Grant Family Newsletter
From the Desk of Principal Bolton
"There will be obstacles. There will be doubters. There will be mistakes. But with hard work, there are no limits. "– Michael Phelps
Just a reminder to please read all notices sent to you via email, newsletters, and to go through your child's Thursday folder for school information. If you have any questions you may call the front office, myself or contact your child's teacher.
The office number is:510-317-3700
My email is: email@example.com
Culture and Climate
This week our weekly focus is for scholars to practice being attentive in class. Please talk to your child about what that looks like. Here are some examples that most scholars can apply if they practice:
- When the teacher is teaching scholars should practice sitting up and paying attention
- Scholars should practice "tracking" the speaker. That means when the speaker (teacher or a classmate) scholars should look at the speaker
- If given the opportunity to participate in a lesson-scholars should participate by responding to questions and asking questions.
School Site Council VERY IMPORTANT! We are still looking for volunteers for the school site council
The proposed meeting day and time is on a Wednesday from 6:45-7:45. The meetings will be on zoom.
No experience necessary!!
Please consider nominating yourself for this position if this sounds like something you would like to be a part of each month! All members of the public have the option of attending and participating...however, only elected members are able to vote.
Please fill out this form-by Friday, October 21st (new extended date) . We will then vote on the nominees! Thank you so much.
Click here-to nominate
Check the lost and found please
Save the Date! Thursday 11/3 Short school day
SAVE THE DATE!!!! October 31st NO SCHOOL
Big Smile Dentist here November 7th
Safety during arrival and dismissal
- You cannot park your car in the loop
- Cars should enter the loop and pull up as far as they can go before letting the child out the car.
- Only let them get out on the side where the sidewalk is, not the street side. If they have to get out on that side, please get out and open the door and escort them to the side walk
- When traffic starts to move please don't try and drive in front of another car. Please take turns so that all cars get out safely. Allow those who were in the loop dropping kids off into the line to drive out.
- Please do not let children out of the car across the street. This is dangerous.
- Please do not park in the staff parking lots-this is a dangerous situation when you try to park and pull out during arrival and dismissal.
- Remember we are all in this together. All kids should be watched out for and we should try our best to be courteous during arrival and dismissal.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR COOPERATION
Healthy Foods at School
SAVE THE DATE -November 4th --FALL FESTIVAL
This will be an AWESOME event! Please be prepared to have a great time at Grant's Fall Festival!
This is a FALL FESTIVAL--so we are celebrating the coming of fall. Please no costumes. However, the PTA is asking that if you want to bring old Halloween costumes --families can do a "costume exchange" for next year!
This is a free event for Grant's scholars- scholars need to come with an adult.
Look for more information on our school website in the coming weeks.