September 13, 2018
Entered the Partnership Giveaway Contest with James Patterson and Scholastic, and won!
Karen Roof2018 SCAPES Teacher of the Year Award – Elementary School Physical Education Level
She will be honored in November at the state conference.
Parents, please check here for all the up to date news and fun happenings from the PTO. Together we can make this one of the best school years for IHES and for our children.
PTO GENERAL MEETING
Please join us this Thursday (September 13th) at 5:15pm in the Atrium before the Open House Literacy Night.
UPCOMING SPIRIT NIGHTS
Come join us at McDonalds on Monday, September 17 from 5:00pm – 8:00pm. Make sure to mention India Hook Spirit
We have scheduled a wide variety of spirit nights this semester. IHES PTO receives a percentage of proceeds from meals purchased on the scheduled nights. Each restaurant has different times and information. To get updates and reminders about spirit nights sign up for our text system by texting: @ihespto2 to 81010
McDonalds - September 17 (5:00-8:00pm)
Chick-Fil-A – September 27 (ALL DAY)
Box Tops will be collected Every Other Friday. Send them in an envelope or ziploc bag with your student’s name and teacher.
Prizes for top collectors!!
ATTRACTIONS COUPON FUNDRAISER
SELL!!!! SELL!!!! SELL!!!! The Attraction Coupon Books were sent home on Monday and the fundraiser will end on September 25th.
IHES will once again be selling the amazing Attractions Dining and Value Guide September 10-25th! These awesome coupon books have over $5,590 in actual savings and over $800 in VIP gift certificates- for only $20! Such a fantastic value!
Stay tuned for more info- including all super fun prizes your kiddo will win for selling 1 or more books!
MOVIE NIGHT - ZOOTOPIA
Movie Night will be September 21st. Doors will open at 5:30pm and Movie will start at 6:00pm.
CALENDAR OF EVENTS
13 PTO Meeting 5:15
14 BOX TOP Collection Day
17 McDONALD’S Spirit Night (mon) 5:00-8:00pm
21 MOVIE NIGHT (fri) - ZOOTOPIA
25 ATTRACTION COUPON Fundraiser Ends
27 CHICK-FIL-A Spirit Day (thurs) ALL DAY
28 BOX TOP Collection Day
PTO CONTACT INFORMATION:
TEXT REMIND SYSTEM: text: @ihespto2 to 81010
4th and 5th grade holiday musical dates!
The 4th and 5th graders will perform their holiday musical, Holly Jolly Jukebox, on Thursday, November 29 at 6:00 pm in the Rawlinson Road Middle School Auditorium. That morning, the children will perform for K-3rd grade at 8:30.
Challenger Enrollment Start Dates and Deadlines
Children may begin Challenger once a month; the first Monday of the month unless Monday is a holiday. Then, the first Tuesday of the month will be the starting date. Parents waiting until the deadline date to turn in the registration packet will need to bring the completed registration packet the Central Office.
Monday, April 1 is the last day students may begin Challenger. Completed Registration packet must be at the Central Office before or by March 18th.
Friday Lunch Visits
We will have tables set up on kindergarten patio or in the center of the building for families to eat while they visit. Parents may also come have lunch on their child's birthday.
Rock Hill School District Wellness Policy
As a wellness focused school we are thrilled that our school board has approved a wellness policy. Some of the most important points of the policy are listed below.
• Candy and food will not be used as a reward for students.
• Children will have access to water during the day to stay hydrated.
• Special classroom snacks will follow the healthy snacks guidelines. Please see our website for more information about what is allowed.
• Non-food birthday recognition items are allowed if you would like to provide a treat on your child’s birthday. (Cupcakes, cookies, cakes, etc. will not be allowed.)
• Any outside snacks provided to children during school will follow our district wellness guidelines and be in sealed labeled containers with nutritional information clearly labeled. (Pizza does not meet healthy guidelines.)
• Physical activity (P.E. and Recess) cannot be withheld from a student.
• Physical activity cannot be used as a form of punishment
• All fundraisers must follow the guidelines stated in the district wellness policy.
• Valentine’s Day parties will offer a one-day exemption from wellness policy, however, all food must be clearly labeled with ingredients and nutritional information
• No home-baked items can be served to children.
• At India Hook, you may choose to bring lunch for your child occasionally on Fridays or their actual birthday. Please understand that food cannot be shared with other children.