Student Veterans of America
Grab Your Boots & Let's Get to Work!
Hello SVA Members! Hopefully this semester has started off well for you all. Though many of us have hung up our boots, the mission to better mankind is never complete! During our last meeting we collectively decided to add many service based and leisure events to the calendar. Make note of the general meeting times and events so you won't miss anything the SVA will participate in! See you all soon!
General Body Meetings
Dates for the Meetings:
February 2, 2016
February 16, 2016 Meeting Location Moved to Buffalo Wild Wings
March 1, 2016
March 22, 2016
April 5, 2016
April 19, 2016
May 3, 2016
Service Informational Luncheon
Friday, Feb. 26th, 11am-1pm
Center for Military Veterans 3503 Morningside Drive
Fielding House Community Service Day
Saturday, Feb. 27th, 9am-1pm
5722 U.S. 49
More Wonderful Things to Look Forward To
- Now who ever said we can't work hard and look good doing it? New T-Shirts designs and an official SVA banner are in the works!
- On behalf of our many brothers and sisters in arms, SVA will host their first PTSD Awareness event within the upcoming months!
- MONEY MONEY MONEY!! See the USM Foundation Page and follow link below to a view a 20 page list of scholarships!
...ALWAYS REMEMBER SVA IS FAMILY...
- To provide a social group and support structure to help veterans adjust to, and become successful in, civilian and college life.
- To raise awareness for veterans issues and facilitate the distribution of information to veterans.
- To promote community service and volunteerism. As well as to organize worthwhile projects and events pertaining to veterans needs and issues.
Your feedback is important! If you have a something to say, the Exect Board has a listening ear! We are all here to better ourselves and help one another reach our highest potential. If you need something, and I do mean anything, please don't be afraid to contact any Exec. Board member! With the Center for Military Veterans, Service Members and Families behind us, we can provide resources!