The Bronco Buzz
December 4, 2015
UPCOMING EVENTS AT THE FORKS
- Monday, December 7- Ni-Ni's Holiday Crafts-in conference room
- Monday, December 7- 6th/7th Band Winter Concert 6:30-8:30pm
- Monday, December 7- Hour of Code @ BHS- 7PM
- Tuesday, December 8- Chorus Concert with BHS- Mt. Zion Baptist Church- 7:00pm
- Wednesday, December 9- SPG Post- A Connection
- Wednesday, December 9- GTES/Health Surveys
- Thursday, December 10- SPG Post- B Connection
- Thursday, December 10- PLC
- Thursday, December 10- 8th Grade- A Christmas Carol at BHS- 9:00am-12:00pm
- Thursday, December 10- FFMS vs. Crews (MAROON) 5:00-7:00 pm
- Friday, December 11- Blazin' Bronco Breakfast- Media Center; 9:00-9:15
- Friday, December 11- 8th Grade Orchestra- Side by Side with BHS- 6:00pm BHS Commons
- Saturday, December 12- LEGO League Regional Tournament-Creekland Middle
- Saturday, December 12- PAGE Gwinnett Playoffs- Duluth Middle
- Saturday, December 12- FFMS vs. Bay Creek- Grayson High School 9:00-11:00am
- Saturday, December 12- Saturday Opportunity School
WINS FOR THE WEEK!
- The 8th grade Band performance on Monday night was held at Brookwood HS and our band combined with the Crews band. It was a tremendous presentation. Our students' behavior was perfect and they looked GREAT! A huge shout out to Zac for his hard work getting our students ready! They were marvelous!
- The Pep Rally was "off da hook!" The performances of the Pep Band, cheerleaders, basketball players, coaches, and our awesome STAFF DANCE SQUAD were incredible..what more can we say? Oh! Sarah Erickson's emcee performance was FANTASTIC!
- Great PLC on Tuesday morning! We thank you all for your engagement as we continue to learn about formative assessment together!
- Congratulations to Suzanne Elder and Leonard Warner for being recognized by the State Superintendent, Richard Woods, for their extensive use of the SLDS system to review student data.
- Tracy Hickmon--way to go for being selected for Cohort 7 of the Aspiring Leader Program.
- We learned at our highest levels about ALD's during our 90 minute PLCs...there were some great conversations taking place as we determined how to use this information to improve student success here at Five Forks.
- Congrats to our girls' basketball team on their second win of the season. Our boys continue to get better, and a win is just around the corner for them. Our cheerleaders and Bucky continue to "bring" the spirit!
COUNT ME IN AWARD... Chelsea Lemcke
This is her first full year teaching and I know she probably is overwhelmed at times, but again, she continues to have a smile on her face! She fits in well at FFMS!!
Quizizz, much like Kahoot, requires that students participate by using a code on the site. Students will access http://join.quizizz.com. Once the students punch in the code and give their name, they are ready to participate.
What makes it different is the fact that it is student-paced. As a student answers a question, they do not have to wait on their peers. The next question will pop up on their own screen and they are free to answer when ready. This helps eliminate the issue of cheating. To add test security, the teacher can also launch Quizizz with the questions randomized. View the video below to get a better idea of how a session would run.
Public Quizizz Games and Editing
Teachers have the option of sharing their games with the public as well. This benefits everyone as teachers can utilize premade Quizizz games or make a duplicate copy of one to customize and tailor it the class' needs. The following video demonstrates how to find public Quizizz games and make a duplicate copy so that it can be edited.
After your session is over, make sure you grab the report before you leave. Then you can go back and analyze the data to help drive instruction and provide insight on student learning. I recommend making sure you download the data after the round is up regardless to be sure you have it regardless of how you plan to use it.
Did you know that Mrs. Brown has started a Blog? Check out what is happening in our very own FFMS Media Center!