January 25, 2019
Upcoming Dates to Remember
- Friday, January 25 - Mom Prom from 6:00-8:00 in the Cafeteria
- Friday, February 1 - Father Daughter Dance - tickets go on sale January 18-24
- Wednesday, February 6 - PTO Chick-fil-A Spirit Night
- Thursday, February 7 - Dino Stomp Family Skate Night from 6:30-8:00 at Bear Creek
- Friday, February 8 - Class Picture Day
- Monday, February 18 - President's Day - No School
Superintendent's Fun Run
The sixth annual CFISD Superintendent’s Fun Run and Festival is set for March 2, 2019 from 8 a.m. to 11 a.m. at the Berry Center (8877 Barker Cypress Road) and the Towne Lake community.
Underwritten by Memorial Hermann Cypress, the fun-filled community event will include a *5K run and a family-friendly **1-mile. New courses include a 5K run through Towne Lake, Lone Star College CyFair and a family path through CFFCU stadium. The fun run will feature booth vendors, food trucks, entertainment and activities for children.
Proceeds from the Superintendent’s Fun Run benefit the Cy-Fair Educational Foundation (CFEF), which awards student scholarships and staff development grants.
The Fifth Annual Superintendent’s Fun Run and Festival held on March 24, 2018 generated $100,000 to the Cy-Fair Educational Foundation (CFEF).
To register to participate or even donate by purchasing a "Sleep in Pass" please click the link below!
Early Registrations ends February 13. Let's have a great turn out from Rennell!
We are so proud to announce this week's Akers' All-Stars pictured below:
Dino Stomp Family Skate Night
Hey Rennell families! All Rennell family, staff and friends are invited to our Dino Stomp Family Skate Night on February 7th from 6:30- 8 pm at Bear Creek Skating Rink on Highway 6! Students, staff, and families are invited to skate til you drop! The rink is all ours! The cost to enter is only $5 (inline skates can be rented for an additional $2)! A percentage of the profits will add to the Rennell scholarship fund which benefits former Redhawk graduating students! The class with the most participation can help their class win the Soaring Redhawk trophy for the week! Students may dress as dinos and have a chance to win our costume contest! Mark your calendars and prepare to have a ROARRRRRing good time!
Hey Redhawk families! Author Barbara O'Connor is visiting students in Grades 3-5 on February 4th!!! Students may buy one of her books online, at Barnes and Noble or Half Price Books and bring it to the library for autographing. All books are due to the library with the autograph form by February 1st! Get ready to be amazed!
Attention all Rennell families! All Redhawk students are invited to the Bookworm Book Festival!!! Come meet authors like: David Shannon, Ame Dyckman, Vasthi Harrison, Lita Judge, David Ezra Stein, Julia Sarcone Roach, and Katie Yamasaki! Its a free event sponsored by Blue Willow book store and Cy-Fair ISD! Doors open at 9:30 and events begin at 10 am on February 2, 2019 at Jersey Village High School! The address is 7600 Solomon St., Jersey Village, TX 77040. Prepare to be amazed! More info available on Facebook or Twitter @Bookworm Houston
Federal Report Cards
Federal Report Cards for the state, the district, and each of the district’s campuses are now available on the district’s website at this link:
· Select a campus
· Select 2017-18 school year
· Click Filter
· Select Federal School Report Card
Information on these report cards includes:
· Part I: General Description of the Texas State Accountability System
· Part II: Student Achievement by Proficiency Level
· Part III: Academic Growth and Graduation Rate
· Part IV: English Language Proficiency
· Part V: School Quality or Student Success
· Part VI: Goal Meeting Status
· Part VII: STAAR Participation
· Part VIII: Civil Rights Data
· Part IX: Teacher Quality Data
· Part X: Per-pupil Expenditure
· Part XI: STAAR Alternate 2 Participation
· Part XII: Statewide National Assessment of Educational Progress (NAEP)
· Part XIII: Cohort Rate of Graduates Enrolled in Postsecondary Education
If you are unable to access the information from the website, hard copies of the reports are available at the district or campus office. If you have questions about the information, please contact Terri Carreon at 281-213-1540 to set up an appointment with a team member.
Yearbooks are on Sale!
To Purchase your 2018-2019 Yearbook please go to: